Hello from Sweden

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nordin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there,

My name is Daniel and I am soon to be 32 years old, work as a plumber with a welder background.
I live in the northern parts of Sweden with my girlfriend and have 5 kids every other week.

We recently bought ourself a Chevrolet Suburban 5.7L from 1999 in pretty good shape, 160k miles on the clock (or 26k kilometers)

To start with I have to change the HVAC and the thermostat as the temperature is way to low (measured with a IR-thermometer)

Also, any tips and ideas to improve the mpg a little?
As some of you might know the fuel prices here are ridicolous.
An example -
1 us dollar = 8.5 Swedish krona.
1 us gallon = 3,7 liter (roughly)
1 liter = 15,5 Swedish krona.
42 gallons = 159 liter.
One full tank in sweden is about 2500 SEK or 300 US dollars.

The beast :

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Seeing what y'all in Europe and the UK are paying for gasoline/petrol makes me not feel so bad about the price in Texas. Filled up my Burb last week, 32 gallons ( it was 3/4 of a tank down), and the cost was $81.25. $2.50 per gallon, and that was including 10 cents per gallon grocery store fuel rewards points.
We have had much higher prices here before though; I remember in 2008 it was around $4 per gallon, and diesel was $5 per gallon.
Our recent winter storms have caused some of the latest price increases, since things weren't winterized and production was shut down for a time.