Hello from O-H-I-O

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TreeGeared

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I want to start off saying thank you to everyone who has posted information in this forum. I have been lurking and reading for years and have found valuable information that has helped me maintain, restore, and modify my trucks. Figured it was time to join in and maybe help someone else along the way.

I remember being in kindergarten and ridding to the steel yard with my dad and seeing these trucks for the first time as the company had just bought new trucks. A few years later my dad had one of his own, now the woods truck in my signature. Since then I started adding to the collection shortly after I left college.

I have ridden in or used many other trucks but the GMT400 continues to be my favorite for comfort and visibility. I am partial to the styling as well but still aspire to have a 67-72 someday which is my favorite.

Cheers
Treegeared (Jesse)

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
I remember seeing the new 400 series trucks, '88s in February'87 at a Chevy dealership in north Texas. They were lined up around the edge of the lot, looking very modern and capable. They probably were fresh from the Arlington plant, and I think weren't officially out yet! We still had the family auto parts store then, and I recall talking to a parts salesman affiliated with AC Delco, and what he said made it sound like that.
Back then we still had square body trucks, never figured all these years later I would have one of those"modern" trucks.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I want to start off saying thank you to everyone who has posted information in this forum. I have been lurking and reading for years and have found valuable information that has helped me maintain, restore, and modify my trucks. Figured it was time to join in and maybe help someone else along the way.

I remember being in kindergarten and ridding to the steel yard with my dad and seeing these trucks for the first time as the company had just bought new trucks. A few years later my dad had one of his own, now the woods truck in my signature. Since then I started adding to the collection shortly after I left college.

I have ridden in or used many other trucks but the GMT400 continues to be my favorite for comfort and visibility. I am partial to the styling as well but still aspire to have a 67-72 someday which is my favorite.

Cheers
Treegeared (Jesse)
Where in Ohio ?