Hello from New York

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all! First time Chevy owner here, coming from a w123, a Saab, and a Mini Cooper. Just picked up my first GMT400 (a 99 Suburban 2500 4WD) sight unseen from a government surplus auction. I've already taken her on a couple of long trips to Vermont and the Hudson Valley, in addition to the maiden voyage from the county parking lot in Northern Virginia back to NYC.

She seems to have been reasonably well maintained, with no obvious issues aside from the 4WD controller acting up and a mild (but annoying!) vibration at highway speeds. I'm hoping the latter is just a tire balancing issue, and not something drivetrain/suspension related. I'm sure more things will pop up as we go.

Anyway, happy to be here and excited to learn! A few pics below:

You must be registered for see images attach

As found

Post-wash, with hitch rack installed

Holds lots of bike

Pleasantly rust-free for a northeastern fleet car

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great looking Suburban, darn clean, but Ughh... the W/T grill. Hey, some people like them...
My new to me, '95 Cheyenne 2500 chassis cab, had that exact grill. Sorry buddy, it's just damn ugly to me. Second thing I did was get rid of it. I found a harness adaptor on Amazon. It had the connector from the H6054 (large glass beams) to the 9006/9005 in the composite lenses. Cool thing is it hooks power direct from the battery to the lights, and incorporates Hi-4.

iJDMTOY Headlight High/Low Conversion Relay Wire Harness Compatible With Original H4 Headlamps To Separated 9005/9006 High Beam & Low Beam Headlights
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It was labeled as being for a Toyota, but it was nearly plug and play. It had ground wires from each plug to be attacted with zip screws (which I ran instead to bolts, grounded with tooth washers and a fair amount of dielectric grease). To work on a GM truck, and installing it on the driver side, I extended the power wire to the fuse/relay box. I also lengthened the pass side wires, because I ran the wires with the OE harness below and across the bottom of the core support.

Just in case you wanted to upgrade as well...

Last edited:

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from West Michigan. I just noticed you have the forged lower control arms. . What are those things on the fender above the wheel openings?