Hello From Nashville!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crowe

Reaction score
Recently bought my third obs dually. Last two long gone. Looks like I'm gonna put some work into this one, so thought I should join this forum to gain more knowledge,
and share my experiences. I'm 47 years old, decent mechanical ability, and love working on vehicles I can actually work on. I found this truck on Chattanooga's craigslist, but it was actually in northern Georgia. 1997 chevy c3500 crew cab. 454 Vortech. 250,000 plus miles for $8500. Ehh, looks interesting but too much money. A couple weeks later, same truck pops up for $6,500. Hmm, thats not too bad maybe I should check it out. Nah, I'm too damn lazy. Soo, couple weeks later, same truck, now it's $5,500. WTF? Made the call , gotta go check it out now. What's wrong with this truck? Arrive for the test drive, truck seems to start fine, but when driving no power at all. Pop- Pop, Spit- Spit, but no knocks and tranny shifts hard and firm. Everything underneath surprisingly clean and dry. Body looks damn decent for the age. Interior 50/50. You're gonna throw in a 4" cowl hood, and a brush guard? For $5,500? Yea, SOLD!

And so it begins,

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    369.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    327.6 KB · Views: 6

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:eek: I like it ! My dream puller with an aluminum trailer to bring fun things home! Way cool!

crowe

Reaction score
Hi 618,
Wow. Fast response, and a beautiful truck. I think I'm gonna like this forum! Not 100% on final plans yet. Fixing to strip it and rip it apart. See what I really got. Plan on going black is the only thing I know for sure. Plan on posting many pics along the way, and asking for alot of advice! The guys in the shop wanna shave this, drop that, bag those, etc..,
but I need my dually to be a dually so I'll have to feel it all out. I'm here to learn all I can , and try to make my best educated guess.

Aeroscream

Reaction score
Great find and purchase. Nice truck. A 4" cowl hood is always a great addition IMO.
Gotta love long wheelbase 3500's with a big block.
Hopefully it is proper educate for a newer newbie myself to welcome you.
Tell Stacy Mitchart at the Bourbon Street blues club in Printers Alley hey for us.
Love your town.