Hello from MN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Excited to join as I have questions on builds and some hard learned knowledge from others! My main vehicles are a 1994 K1500 and a 2002 Subaru forester. This past winter I was heading out to plow with my '94 and got hit backing out of my driveway! So the frame is bent at the rear, but still driveable for plowing. My summer build will be to lay the body of my '94 onto a '98 rolling chassis. I am up for any info on wiring for the dash and controls to make the older interior work with the new wiring. I have grown up with this truck and done all work to it. The only thing i haven't had my hand on is the rear axle. I proposed to my wife in this truck and want to keep it in the family, so this is where i stand with the swap I want to do.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome:

Reaction score
I had restored the brown 1994 k1500 when I was in college. It started out as a 4.3l v6 and I slipped a 5.7 into it. Straight foreward swap. The white gmc is the frame I will be transferring the brown body onto. The engine and drivetrain will stay with the frame of the white truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
first steps to this project. stripping down the white truck. found both leaft springs to have cracks at the bushing almoat all the way through. so i will rebuild the springs with the top leaf from the brown thruck