Hello from Memphis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon K

Reaction score
Hows it going! Newb to the forum and the whole GMT400 world. This is honestly the first truck of any kind I have personally owned. Before this only into cars , first one was a 76 pinto luxury wagon haha, then 97' grand prix gt, then 05' Subaru Sti , recently just sold my 04' M3 . So basically I decided it was time for a real change of pace and plus wanted something a bit bigger and more comfortable and really a bit easier to maintain .

Well I found this "gem" , or so I thought at the time, but as I come to find out I wasnt told the whole truth about the truck and honestly for $2k Im not gonna complain that much . I have to say I am having fun tying the loose ends even though there are a bunch of them, but hey I appreciate it the more and more we get into it. Everyday I find something new , but at the same time everyday she gets better and better.

So without further chatter, I introduce the new object of my affection haha.

1994 Chevy ext. cab w/ 454 swap and TH-350 .

You must be registered for see images

Yeah she needs work, but again for $2k I already knew that was coming, but I didnt expect to be completely blindsided , and after digging found so much wrong with her I dont even think I could have done that bad of a job blind lol.

For instance.....

What I was told was under the hood- 454 from a 98' Suburban which means it would be the L29

What it really has- Gen V 454

What I was told the trans was- TH-350 with 3000 stall

What it really has- TH-350 with stock converter(there is cringe story behind that)

Rear end I was told was in it- posi trac

Whats actually in it- Stocker with one wheel doing all the work lol

What I was told the drop was done with- Belltech 4/6 drop

What was really in it- not belltech lol , and had stock springs up front and oem rear shocks lol

So yeah thats just a FEW things Ive had to deal with to make her right. They did all the hard work, half assed, but me and my friends tying up loose ends . I got taken for a bit of a ride, but Im happy I did.

She rode like complete crap in the beginning, but she is throwing power down now. Ill make a build journal to get more detailed and all of what was found and the progress made up to this point. I got me some work to do but Im really enjoying doing it and really wish I would have gotten one of these a long time ago .

But anyways I hope you liked my introduction and look forward to talking to you folks and getting to know these trucks a bit better. I have lots of questions so im looking forward towards the education in order to make this truck the beast she can be.

So for now I leave you with a pic of the motor as she stands today.....

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from a guy born in Memphis! Lot's of great folks and info here, enjoy your journey!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome: