Hello from Louisville!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Ok. Time to refocus my "to-do" list...

1) I have the "new" grille, headlights, turn signals and front bumper to install.
2) I have my donor headlight harness and @5vortec7 4 high harness to combine and install.
3) @5vortec7 Big 3 kit ready to install.
4) I have a back up camera and 7" monitor waiting.
5) I'm tired of NOT having interior lights (fuse and bulbs are good)! Must diagnose.
6) swap driver's fender with the Tahoe's
7) Swap the tilt steering column and cruise control from the Silverado into mine.
8) Pull the topper, bed and tailgate back off, do a bit of repair on each and paint.
9) Sand/grind/cuss the rust off the frame, then paint. This step is going to snowball into...
10) replace brake lines, fuel lines, rear shocks, repair/replace trailer light harness.
11) Reinstall the receiver hitch.
12) replace the Swiss cheese exhaust
13) Repair or replace the front bench seat.
14) Find/decide on material to redo headliner in.
15) Tint the side and rear windows with ceramic film. Clear ceramic film on the front windshield.
16) See what, if anything can be used from Silverado's complete AC system.
17) Collect parts for the 8.2L Cadillac engine.
18) LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO GET MOST OF THIS **** DONE, WHILE HOPING THAT THE WORLD HASN'T TURNED INTO SOMETHING FROM THE "MAD MAX" MOVIES!!!

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
I know, and I will gladly enjoy the company and help! It's the "life-things" that keep gumming up the works. As soon as I get going on that new job I'm chugging along in the process of getting, and get caught back up a bit, I'll be able to pull the trigger on my list.
Writing the to-do list on here will help keep me focused and goal oriented.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yup I hear ya! Our employer got bought out, and now we go in only Walmarts. We have 7, and they're all over Houston! In the morning, we go to one that's a couple miles from the trailer park, and then when it's done, head across to the east side, the Gulf Freeway store, and then back across Houston to the one on the northwest side of town.
I have parts for this Burb I bought 3 years ago and still haven't installed, plus the bits I got from RA last month and was gonna install before the swap meet trip. Either it's raining or too hot....

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
Fat guy/ old truck seat probs...

Earlier this year, the seat was probably already starting to lean back a little... notice the headrest in both pictures.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-101944_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-101944_Samsung Internet.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 11
  • PSX_20211202_095554.jpg
    PSX_20211202_095554.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 11

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
There's a great exhaust shop near me... I had some time to kill, so I had them look it over for an estimate. They found this:
You must be registered for see images attach

No, not the extensive "rust preventative coating" I've got going on. The u-joint situation!
Gonna address this later in the AM. -Before it gets hot and muggy, hopefully.
On the exhaust subject... impending LS swap in mind... Single 3" seems easier to do than duals. Thoughts anyone?