Hello from Corpus Christi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Welcome! My condolences as well! Nice truck!
Thanks fellas. Really appreciate that.

My apologies for not getting back to you all sooner fellas. On the way to work late last week my 406 in my truck broke a rocker stud off on the #5 cylinder. I've seen alot of things but never a broken rocker stud. I've seen 'em pull out but never break. The culprit was a collapsed lifter which I'm getting warrantied out and was going to have to remove the heads and have my machinist put in screw in studs. Miraculously it looks like the camshaft was spared. The thing is that is going to take a week or better on that end and I'm waiting to hear back from the vendor on the lifter warranty. I still had my old 383 in the garage so I elected to pull the 406 and install the 383 in its place so I can have wheels in the meantime. I may go with the aluminum heads that I want on the 406 now. In any case I spent all day last Friday swapping out engines and got it all tuned and ready to go the next morning.
After that, the company that I've been contracted out to for the last eight years is ready to absorb us into the company so I've spent the last week getting my resume together and completing the application process. The "interview" is slated for this next Monday so I'm ready to get this all going.
Today is my wifes B-day so I've been prepping for that for the last few days. So....with all THAT being said I'm just now getting back to you.

Thank you all for the very nice comments.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes it is!
I've been trying to get back to the computer all dang day. Had LOTS to do today. I'm not going to be able to make it to this years HAMMS show bud. I may try to make it to the show in Austin a little later one but one thing that I'm certainly NOT going to miss out on will be the Nats in New Braunfels next year. I've got a few things that I'll be entering in that contest. Simply cannot WAIT to go to that one. I've already started buttering the wife up for that one. lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I've been trying to get back to the computer all dang day. Had LOTS to do today. I'm not going to be able to make it to this years HAMMS show bud. I may try to make it to the show in Austin a little later one but one thing that I'm certainly NOT going to miss out on will be the Nats in New Braunfels next year. I've got a few things that I'll be entering in that contest. Simply cannot WAIT to go to that one. I've already started buttering the wife up for that one. lol
Yup I'm looking forward to the Nats too. HAMS was going to do a group build diorama, but it kinda got 2020d( and everyone wasn't fully onboard with the idea anyway).
The truck I got from a buddy,to build for this show tomorrow, I haven't even been able to work on for over a month. Oh well....next year!

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jeez......Hope you guys'll forgive me for the absense this year. Crazy year. Recently got hired on by the client company that I've been contracting for 9 years with and it came with alot more physical work. The time that I DID have available I spent on the couple of modeling forums that I'm on but other than that I haven't had time for much else.

Finally got my 406 back in my truck yesterday after 4 months. Told you I didn't have time for much else. So much happening as of late it was tough to even work that in and it only takes a day for the swap out.

Looking forward to getting back in here with you guys and gals.