Hello from Corpus Christi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok gang. It's been a bit since I've been on here and I've gotta say.....I've missed it. My mother passed away a couple of months ago from Covid pneumonia so I've been dealing with that and helping my dad out some. I'm looking forward to getting back in here and being of help where I can and chit chatting in general.
That’s got to be rough. I’ve never lost a parent, but my wife lost both of hers, 2 years apart. Most recent was her dad from covid (though I believe the hospital killed him). She’s in her mid 40s so both were unexpected. We lean on God to get us through.

I’ve got a 94 Silverado also so I’ll try & keep up with your truck.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s got to be rough. I’ve never lost a parent, but my wife lost both of hers, 2 years apart. Most recent was her dad from covid (though I believe the hospital killed him). She’s in her mid 40s so both were unexpected. We lean on God to get us through.

I’ve got a 94 Silverado also so I’ll try & keep up with your truck.
Thanks Erin,
Yeah it was a pretty rough deal. I mean.....mom had all the cards stacked against her. She was a diabetic, she was really overweight and she had heart issues. She just couldn't pull out of it. And you're right brother.....we gotta lean on God to carry us in times like that.

I'll be posting more on the rebuild of my sons truck soon.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey and welcome-I too build 1/25 kits,tho I must admit I've/I'm downsizing my collection. I focused on 1/72 post WW2 military vehicles-in total I have around 1000 models(built and kits).
And I live in UK.
Sorry for your loss-I've lost my father when I was 20. It sucks no matter the age.
Thanks for the supportive comments Darius.

1000 kits!!! Wow!!! I had a couple of hundred but downsized to around 75 or so. I build too slow to get to all of them.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome fellow Texan! Sorry to hear about your mom passing away. I know the pain. I lost mine back in 2013, 2 days before my 17th birthday to a heart attack. The pain never goes away, but it does get easier to manage with time.

Thanks bud. The main thing for me is making sure dad's ok and he seems to be getting better with time.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok gang. It's been a bit since I've been on here and I've gotta say.....I've missed it. My mother passed away a couple of months ago from Covid pneumonia so I've been dealing with that and helping my dad out some. I'm looking forward to getting back in here and being of help where I can and chit chatting in general.
My condolences. It's never easy to loose an immediate family member. COVID also took my mom, in 2020. She was 96 years old, but in good health before COVID got Her. At, 96, the loose of Her is much easier to bare, than the loose of my 34 year old son was, and even today, it is still, much easier to deal with the loose of Mom, over the loose of my oldest son. Time does help somewhat though.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My condolences. It's never easy to loose an immediate family member. COVID also took my mom, in 2020. She was 96 years old, but in good health before COVID got Her. At, 96, the loose of Her is much easier to bare, than the loose of my 34 year old son was, and even today, it is still, much easier to deal with the loose of Mom, over the loose of my oldest son. Time does help somewhat though.
Oh wow.....that would be tough. My condolences goes out to you on that man. I simply can't even begin to imagine what that would be like. Thank you for the very kind words Kenny.

Our son is graduating today and my wife and I have been prepping for that and the party we are having today for him here at the house which will explain my continued absence. Should be in the clear after this.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My name is Joe and I've been building cars/ trucks my entire life so I'm a kid at heart at 53 years old. Through the years I've had a 66 Plymouth Barracuda, 3 1967 Mustang Coupes, an '89 LX 5.0 Mustang Coupe and now my '94 Silverado. I had a 383 stroker motor in the Silverado but now I've gone about as far as I want to go in the normally aspirated performance realm having recently installing a 406 small block in it.

I've worked in GM dealers for around 20 years and left currently work at a fleet shop for one of the local refineries here in Corpus working on Ford Trucks and various other pieces of equipment in the plant so I've got a decent background in mechanical/ electrical knowledge and enjoy helping others when the opportunity arises.

Aside from real world vehicles, I also build autos in 1/25 scale & aircraft in 1/48 scale and when I have an opportunity, I enter them at shows. I've been building these little replicas now for over 40 years and get just as much enjoyment from them as I do the full scale vehicles I build (and it's cheaper). I've had one of my trucks published in the Contest Cars Edition of Fine Scale Magazine and looks like I might have another build featured this year in the same publication.

I'm glad to be here and am looking forward to getting to know everyone, pitching in where I can and obtaining more knowledge about these trucks.

Pics of my 1994 when it had the 383 in it:

You must be registered for see images attach

Welcome