Hello from Corpus Christi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My name is Joe and I've been building cars/ trucks my entire life so I'm a kid at heart at 53 years old. Through the years I've had a 66 Plymouth Barracuda, 3 1967 Mustang Coupes, an '89 LX 5.0 Mustang Coupe and now my '94 Silverado. I had a 383 stroker motor in the Silverado but now I've gone about as far as I want to go in the normally aspirated performance realm having recently installing a 406 small block in it.

I've worked in GM dealers for around 20 years and left currently work at a fleet shop for one of the local refineries here in Corpus working on Ford Trucks and various other pieces of equipment in the plant so I've got a decent background in mechanical/ electrical knowledge and enjoy helping others when the opportunity arises.

Aside from real world vehicles, I also build autos in 1/25 scale & aircraft in 1/48 scale and when I have an opportunity, I enter them at shows. I've been building these little replicas now for over 40 years and get just as much enjoyment from them as I do the full scale vehicles I build (and it's cheaper). I've had one of my trucks published in the Contest Cars Edition of Fine Scale Magazine and looks like I might have another build featured this year in the same publication.

I'm glad to be here and am looking forward to getting to know everyone, pitching in where I can and obtaining more knowledge about these trucks.

Pics of my 1994 when it had the 383 in it:

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome, and awesome truck!

Post some pictures of your replicas if you get a chance, I love the detail that some people put into them. A friend of mine's father was a master jeweler and he built replicas as a hobby. It blew my mind the first time I saw a set of spark plug wires that he'd made from melting/pulling scrap red colored plastic out of a model kit.

I don't have any pictures of his models unfortuantely, but here's a picture of a Lamborghini Diablo that he carved/built all the molds for. It's about the size of a HotWheels car and disassembles into 18 pieces. This one is made of silver.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome, and awesome truck!

Post some pictures of your replicas if you get a chance, I love the detail that some people put into them. A friend of mine's father was a master jeweler and he built replicas as a hobby. It blew my mind the first time I saw a set of spark plug wires that he'd made from melting/pulling scrap red colored plastic out of a model kit.

I don't have any pictures of his models unfortuantely, but here's a picture of a Lamborghini Diablo that he carved/built all the molds for. It's about the size of a HotWheels car and disassembles into 18 pieces. This one is made of silver.

Wow!!! That's frickin' crazy right there!!!

This is my AMT 1/25 scale 454SS dream truck that I built in 2020. It took me around 5 months to complete this one with most of the challenges being paint and the ending assembly of installing the body onto the frame. With a few pitfalls to work around it was a good kit to work with overall.

OBS Oregon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow!!! That's frickin' crazy right there!!!

This is my AMT 1/25 scale 454SS dream truck that I built in 2020. It took me around 5 months to complete this one with most of the challenges being paint and the ending assembly of installing the body onto the frame. With a few pitfalls to work around it was a good kit to work with overall.

Welcome to the party? those are great pictures