Hello everyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShawnSierra02

Reaction score
My girlfriend's dad sent me this one last night https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/d/minneapolis-1992-gmc-sierra-1500-club/7464125775.html . Looks good to me but I don't understand what those fins on the bed are for. Extensions to the bed or a roll-bar? I would like buckets but I'm not afraid to put them in myself.

I found this one last night when I was watching the news https://yakima.craigslist.org/ctd/d/yakima-1988-chevrolet-chevy-k-2500/7465577782.html I like the versatility of the long bed, again no bucket seats, and I don't really like the Chevy grille.

@Cadillac Bob the ones you sent are great, but some are a little far from my comfort zone. I like that orange one the most, I like those stepsides a lot

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
My girlfriend's dad sent me this one last night https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/d/minneapolis-1992-gmc-sierra-1500-club/7464125775.html . Looks good to me but I don't understand what those fins on the bed are for. Extensions to the bed or a roll-bar? I would like buckets but I'm not afraid to put them in myself.

I found this one last night when I was watching the news https://yakima.craigslist.org/ctd/d/yakima-1988-chevrolet-chevy-k-2500/7465577782.html I like the versatility of the long bed, again no bucket seats, and I don't really like the Chevy grille.

@Cadillac Bob the ones you sent are great, but some are a little far from my comfort zone. I like that orange one the most, I like those stepsides a lot
Of those two pickups, I would definitely go for the two tone brown one. Much nicer body than the red/black one.... That one is probably not too far gone to save, but it's gonna be expensive to save it. Cab mounts and a bed...at least.
If you can afford to, Best Case Scenario is to get the best/cleanest/ straightest truck you can; then there "should" be less required to keep it that way. I'm on the hunt for a 2500/3500 pickup 400, but I have learned from this forum, to be very picky and to look them over carefully.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the 92 higher on the bed than the cab?
You must be registered for see images attach

The pinstripes are giving me bad feelings about the underside of it.

The 88 looks in better shape, wonder if the moon gauges work on it.

Looks really good in this picture, even makes the 285k miles look like 85k miles.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yeah that red/black is to be left alone for someone who knows what they are getting into on that not you looking for your first 400!!!! And yeah them blazers/2 door tahoes/Yukons are getting more money than that usually but I’d say the ones I posted are reasonable prices except for couple of them trucks lol but yeah even a2 door would be a great first 400 because your getting the truck expreance plus room for 2-3 other real size adults and room for cargo! But it’s all in what you want but you could always add a detail from your gpa’s ride to yours to make that connection for you even though they a lil different Rides!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the 92 higher on the bed than the cab?

The pinstripes are giving me bad feelings about the underside of it.

The 88 looks in better shape, wonder if the moon gauges work on it.

Looks really good in this picture, even makes the 285k miles look like 85k miles.
Yeah that's even worse than I thought on that red/black one....rust is the enemy of these trucks.
Cab mounts are probably non-existent....
Salt on roads es muy malo.....

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
And side note which interior do you like better the older or newer squared or rounded? That also makes a difference too since your time will be spent inside of it vs riding jump seat style in the bed! Lol

ShawnSierra02

Reaction score
Yeah that's even worse than I thought on that red/black one....rust is the enemy of these trucks.
Cab mounts are probably non-existent....
Salt on roads es muy malo.....
Wow! That’s worse than I thought too.
And side note which interior do you like better the older or newer squared or rounded? That also makes a difference too since your time will be spent inside of it vs riding jump seat style in the bed! Lol
I don’t mind the rounded interior but I don’t need to carry more than myself and my girlfriend occasionally so I don’t need the dual airbag ones but I don’t mind having extra safety for sure.

Also I do like having an extended cab. Even if my need to carry a lot of people is minimal, I do have a lot of stuff that would be nice to keep dry. If they make some kind of rear cargo cover that would be even better. And if I have kids, can’t really seat them comfortably in a single cab and a crew cab is too big for me but if it’s at a good enough price I may think about it.

I saw this but I’m a little nervous on the rot it might have
https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/salem-1996-chevy-silverado-z71/7470255522.html

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Soooo I do have to ask how old are you? Yes they do make caps and hard/soft tonneau covers for these! But if your plans are to keep it for some years then I’d suggest you go for a 4 door pick up or a 2 door Tahoe/Yukon IMHO since then you’ll get the most out of your time money and usefulness of the vehicle. Not saying bad about pickups most people buy starter homes but never ever move as planned as how life happens lol! besides going for a full 4 door Tahoe/Yukon

ShawnSierra02

Reaction score
Soooo I do have to ask how old are you? Yes they do make caps and hard/soft tonneau covers for these! But if your plans are to keep it for some years then I’d suggest you go for a 4 door pick up or a 2 door Tahoe/Yukon IMHO since then you’ll get the most out of your time money and usefulness of the vehicle. Not saying bad about pickups most people buy starter homes but never ever move as planned as how life happens lol! besides going for a full 4 door Tahoe/Yukon
I’m going to be 20 next month. I know they make those covers for the bed but I mean like over the backseat. I do plan on owning it for awhile, and I’m not quite ready to have kids but I don’t need more than an extended cab for that and again, if the price on a crew cab is good I might go for it.