Hello 91 K1500 EC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oak-wildwood

Reaction score
Hey y'all! I recently inherited my Dad's old farm truck. I think it's in really good condition overall. He bought it used in 06 but it looks to have some special towing capabilities as the original owner seems to have used it for towing an RV (or some 5th wheel).

Powertrain specs:
5.7 with 700r4, 4x4

Based from the RPO codes in the glove box it appears to also have:
- 373 factory gears
- heavy duty brakes
- heavy duty alternator
- heavy duty engine oil cooler
- overdrive

I wonder which of these are pretty standard and which are more rare. Any help appreciated.

My mechanic buddy tells me they used to make something called a "heavy half" and a "camper special". He wondered if it might be one of those or maybe just a special ordered truck.

Here's some pics of the white stallion and some of these RPO codes I found interesting.

Glad to have found this group, already have several small projects lined up thanks to the wealth of info here.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. can't see the phone screen shots to well at the moment. but if it has a 14 bolt rear axle and a overload spring you most likely have the "heavy half" great axle. been wheeling with it locked on 35s for years now with zero issue

oak-wildwood

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. can't see the phone screen shots to well at the moment. but if it has a 14 bolt rear axle and a overload spring you most likely have the "heavy half" great axle. been wheeling with it locked on 35s for years now with zero issue
Hi Don, thanks!

I took a pic of the rear diff but it's so dirty it's hard to count the bolts.

Is this what you mean by overload spring?

Code EK3 TORSION BAR SPRING ADJ (RH)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk