Heater Module Connector and Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While working on removing the heater control module several weeks ago, I noticed that there was a lot of dielectric grease around the connector. Upon further inspection today, the wiring harness connector C2 that plugs into the heater control module was broken. There was also a pin missing from the switch on the heater control module. I noticed the previous owner had cut the entire harness about 3 inches from the connector and spliced in new wiring using butt connectors.

I ordered a new GM heater control module. I also have the tools needed to fix the wiring and crimp on new terminals, etc.

My question is this. I have read briefly that the C/K has heater control module issues. What all do I need to be on the lookout for when I am repairing this? What would have caused all these problems on or around the heater control module?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I think initially the postive connection at the blower motor goes high resistance which starts overheating the wire. I found my fan swtich mounted in the panel scortched/melted and had to replac ethe switch and pigtail. I think that "fixed" it for awhile, but then I had intermittant problems with the blower motor shutting down. Eventually I noticed that the postive connector on the blower was scorched and replaced it with a regular crimp on connector.