Heated mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Are heated mirrors available for our trucks... OEM or aftermarket?

Today was the first day I've really driven in snow, and heated mirrors would be nice. I had them on my 86.5 Toyota Supra.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They were an option (RPO ZM9) on the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburbans (for 1998 at least) and included auto dimming passenger and driver mirrors.

It looks like they may be tied into the interior auto dimming compass/temperature rear view mirror (versus the compass-only mirrors in the trucks). So if you find some at a salvage yard, you might want to grab the rear view mirror as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like @east302 said mine are the auto dimming ones too. Do not ask a dealer, I had to replace one and dealer told me 600 for one, lkq was abt 100 and napa couldn't find them at all. Jy my be best bet but make sure u grab all the wiring.
On a side note I was told that when the dealer ran my vin to find the mirror it pulled up as an Escalade mirror

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I wonder if it would be a simple job of plugging them in, or if I'd have to run wires. My existing mirrors are power, so I'd think there would be a shot of it being easy.

Unfortunately it seems when I go to the salvage yard, most of the GMT-400's are TBI era. I guess I did find a MAF, so I could find mirrors, too.

I'm glad to hear that it was a factory option. I didn't think of that until I posted.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The heater element came on when the rear defrost button was pressed. It looks like it was spliced in near the ‘convenience center’. The auto dimming portion was turned on using the rear view mirror button.

No idea if the doors are pre-wired, but you could check connector C501 at the driver mirror harness and see if the second orange wire (circuit 267) is there on the door feed side:

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Having a truck, I don't have rear defrost. It wouln't take much to swap in a HVAC control with the button, However. I even have an extra pigtail behind it... I'd guess for defrost.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Correct the extra pigtail is for defrost. You can find a set new aftermarket heated mirrors on Ebay for about 60 but they won't have the autodimming feature.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to send you down a rabbit hole, but the trucks came with rear defrost as well. My 98 ex-cab has it, and you get used to having it in the winter.