Heated 02 Sensor (1 wire to 3 wire Conversion) wiring suggestions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC I'm using a 10A fuse with somewhere around 14Ga wire? Probably could go down to 5 or 7A?

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I just have the one heated O2 sensor. I'll check the resistance as you note but just for conversation here assuming my resistance falls within the value you offered and I have one 02 sensor it's somewhat safe to assume about 2 amps of draw if you add a little for the sensor getting warm and the resistance increasing.

Thanks

Good suggestions from the others here. 2 amps would be a safe assumption I think. That's about the high limit I would think for regular type O2 sensor heater.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a harness I built that taps into the fuel pump circuit. You unplug the fuel pump harness under the brake booster, plug this harness in, plug the sensor lead into the O2 harness, and then plug the harness into the O2 sensor under the truck. I got the O2 sensor and plug off an Escalade, and it's a flat four-pin instead of the Suburban's square 4-pin - not sure why. If you want it, hit me up with a message and I'll make you a deal.View media item 32127
Edit: In the picture it has a piece of the harness side of the O2 sensor. My truck was missing that plug and I spliced it in. The harness doesn't come with it.