Heat not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so one problem down another to go. So now when I hit my aC button and my recirc hot air comes out even wit the mode set on cold. But if I just run it on cold no ac or recirc button pushed in it blows ice cold air

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the actuator cycling from notch to notch on full cold and hot without a/c or recirc?

Under what combination does the actuator fail to respond correctly?

Does the vent selection make any difference (floor-panel-defrost)?

Only down here would we need a/c in January.

Last edited:

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so one problem down another to go. So now when I hit my aC button and my recirc hot air comes out even wit the mode set on cold. But if I just run it on cold no ac or recirc button pushed in it blows ice cold air
Do you know anyone with a similar year truck? Sounds like the control unit to me, if you had a friend whose heat/air works you can swap them out pretty fast and check.

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the actuator cycling from notch to notch on full cold and hot without a/c or recirc?

Under what combination does the actuator fail to respond correctly?

Does the vent selection make any difference (floor-panel-defrost)?

Only down here would we need a/c in January.[/QUOTE no dount it’s only been 65-70 all week here but it’s been sooo humid

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I’m thinking control panel def somethin electric Bc the recirc stays regardless if I turn it on whenever I put it on full cold or face, feet, or face and feet mode and I don’t remmeber it staying on

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Your going to have to pull the blower motor and see if theres leaves and junk blocking airflow at the evaporator core. No airflow No heat.