Heads, let's talk....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
keep egr, cant really mod a tb

No way, EGR is gone ASAP. I don't care about the efficiency of the emissions or a supposed couple mpg. I'm not running exhaust gases back through my intake. I deleted it on my LS motor and will this one too, I didn't lose any mpg on it oddly enough. I only want clean fresh air going into the cylinders.

Stock tb will get same treatment my stock LS tb got, can't expect much more than a crisper throttle response though.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh yea, it'll be tuned out of the 411 pcm for sure. The pcm I'm getting will come tuned already for the 395 cam as well. All deletes and what not will be done so it'll be a true plug and play once the wires are repinned.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll most likely be getting my pcm and connectors from Lextech. That cam is so small it can technically run on a stock tune. He has enough experience with these trucks and the 411 swaps I'm sure I can trust whatever he does.

I plan on getting hptuners in the future. I want to get this tahoe done first, then do my 97' Z71. Both will be 411 swapped. And I want to pick up another 4th gen Trans Am eventually too, so buying hptuners will be a good investment.

98k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question from a noob. If you buy different heads (not vortec) what do you do as far as fuel injectors go? By that I mean you'll need a new intake manifold, do you have to buy injectors seperate? Does everything plug into the current wire harness, like plug and play, then get a tune done? I read vortec heads are limited by the injectors to about 400hp but I'm curious what id use for 450 - 500.