heads and a roller cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The standard 193 TBI cast iron head takes 5/8" taper seat plugs. The Vortec head AND any aluminum head takes 3/4" long reach plugs. As an example, the last letters on an ACDelco plug is TS (Taper Seat) for TBI and LTS (Long Taper Seat) for Vortec.
so if a head is stamped 193 it's iron and not aluminum?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fwhp. There’s more that was left on the table, but we reached the limits of the stock injection and ecm
Which cam, ECM and trans? If you have a non-electronic trans, you can easily run the EBL Flash-II and a WBO2 to tune throughout the RPM range. :waytogo: I have the bored out (46mm) TB from SPR Performance with an 18LB spring, running at 20 PSI

Gramps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which cam, ECM and trans? If you have a non-electronic trans, you can easily run the EBL Flash-II and a WBO2 to tune throughout the RPM range. :waytogo: I have the bored out (46mm) TB from SPR Performance with an 18LB spring, running at 20 PSI

Not the good ecm, can’t remember the number off the top of my head. I’ll pop into the garage later on and check. I grab the cam number too.
Currently running 14psi on early 454 injectors in the 350 tbi unit. 17* of initial timing.
Backed by a nv3500.

Gramps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the EBL, if you scroll down, it shows what ECMs he can run. Note: I have nothing to do financially with this product, I just think it's a great way to go.

www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php

Good info to have! I still have to see what ecm it is but anyway for now I have the cam info. Comp 08-500-8 it’s not super aggressive but it has just a bit of a lope at idle. Pulls hard all the way through the rpm range.

You must be registered for see images attach