Headliner, overhead console and new sunvisors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally started on my last big project, redoing my ripped sagging headliner as well as upgrading to the fancy sunvisors with extensions and lighted vanity mirrors and a factory overhead console that I modified so the map lights will come on with their switches as well as light up when the dome light is on. With Brandon's help on here I got educated on diodes and how to modify the console wiring to accomplish that lol! Anyway got off work early today and got a good start on it as the pictures show. Along with some other parts from a great guy on here I got the factory harness for the visors from a 94 suburban but found out that the later model year gray visors I got from Ebay used both power and ground for the harness while the 94 harness only provided power, grounding through one of the visor mounting screws. I ended up grafting the 2 wire plug that came with the newer visors onto the older harness and running a ground wire with the power wire. For the console lights I grabbed power from the dome light and ground for when the doors are open from the ground side of the dome light. For a regular chassis ground to independently use the map lights I just ran a third wire back by the dome light and put a screw in. Hopefully tomorrow I can clean up the headliner board and get new foam and the dark gray faux leather looking fabric I found on sale at Joann Fabric last fall lol! I also have to figure out screws for the overhead console to mount it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it's done and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm no professional interior person like sewlow, in fact this is my first time ever messing around with a headliner. There are a couple of very small wrinkles by the edges but they are mostly covered up by the A pillar panels. Considering LMC wanted $310 shipped for a factory headliner and I only had $40 in materials plus maybe a day's labor it'll work for me lol! And with the money I saved by doing it myself let me not feel too bad about getting the upgraded visors and an overhead console. I will admit I'm hoping it's quite awhile though before I mess with another one lol!

Hoplite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! Maybe I might have missed it, but how did you attach the new clothe? For the center console, was there a thread you used to determine how to fasten it?

Thanks!