Headlights

Reaction score
I've got the OEM GM Brazil reflectors on my K1500 Suburban (manufactured for GM Brazil by Arteb: https://www.arteb.com.br/catalogo/?pa_veiculo=silverado ). These illuminate the road like a European "E-code" reflector.

I actually have two pairs of these, one on the Suburban and another on the shelf as a back-up.

Pictures of one of the reflectors are attached.

The low-beam has a broad horizontal pattern with good visibility into the ditches, with a sharp vertical cut-off to mitigate blinding of oncoming traffic.

The high beam has a very pin-point "spot-light" pattern, so the 4-high mod makes for a great set-up.
Do you run LEDs in them?

Reaction score
Do you run LEDs in them?

No, I don't run LEDs. I never have in any of my vehicles.

I'm not a fan of LED retrofit "bulbs". Reflectors such as these are designed to be illuminated by a filament of a certain size and a filament in certain location radiating omnidirectionally. Installing anything else can adversely affect the illumination pattern; the pattern is a key benefit of the GM Brazil reflectors.

My $0.02.

One can use LEDs if they want of course, but it's not my choice and for the reasons given.

Last edited:

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
(other items from Brazil)

The GM Brazil OEM GMT400 taillights differ from the US models.

This is something we haven't talked about much, if at all, and I can't say that I'm particularly thrilled by them, but if I could get them for a decent price I might consider a pair.
You must be registered for see images attach

See

Remember that the price listed is in B$, not US$.
I'd like to see the tail light circuit boards for those lenses. Dedicated brake wire, separate from the turn signal... integrated 4 to 5 converter? Or is the truck harness totally different?