Headlight restoration kits are awesome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yesterday I picked up one of those 3m headlight restoration kits and tried it out. I had always wondered how well these kits work, so I tried it out. I couldnt believe the difference it made. Hope this helps anyone who is on the fence about using one of these. Here are a few before and after pics.

Before:
attachment.php

attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

Comparison:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
If you want to make them even better get ya some 1500 grit wet/dry paper wetsand real good then spray them with clear cloat.......actualy I might do a how to on that later this week

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want to make them even better get ya some 1500 grit wet/dry paper wetsand real good then spray them with clear cloat.......actualy I might do a how to on that later this week
Would you wetsand and polish the clear after that? Sounds sweet, cant wait for the write up!

OGKoopa.

Reaction score
i tried this as well using a 3m products. it wasnt the headlight restoration one though but turned out good! happy with the results.

MrBru

Reaction score
Hi,

I am sharing my experiences with headlight restoration.

There are probably two popular methods (especially for YouTubers):

1. ChrisFx: wet sanding with several grids from 400 to 2000, after that is headlight cleared with alcohol and it is sprayed with some common clear coat (I have used Rust-oleum).

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

2. Scotty Kilmer: using Meguiar's Two Step Restoration Kit. The first step is applying some cleaning compound and polishing it with some kind of abrasive sponge and then clear coat.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ChrisFix, works well, but spraying clear coat resulted in orange peel (cracks) coating, it is not very visible, but I was quite disappointed. It is probably very durable after two years still looks clear.
Scotty: that Meguliar restoration kit is very good, a faster process than sanding, no cracks on clear coating, but after a year it need to be repeated. Following images showing my results of this kit:

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Kevco2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mild tangent, but how are those switchback blinker bulbs holding up for you MrBru?