headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those headers require cutting/welding to fit.

The difference in the direct fit and custom fit (like these) is the 3 bolt header flange. The OE pipes use a ball end to seal at the manifold. These dont.

Take the truck to a muffler shop and prepare to pay by the hour to fabricate or redesign your stock head pipes to connect to the header flanges.

305, 350 manifold exit location... doesnt matter. Small block Chevy is small block Chevy.

Heres the real problem. What about the EGR? Those headers dont have a port for it.

Last edited:

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on a side note I have no idea why any one would buy these https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g9016/make/chevrolet/model/k1500/year/1998 when a tbi set can be had for half the price.

Because they're a direct fit. They bolt directly to the OE head pipes, have an EGR port, and flow marginally better than the factory manifilds
...and they're not made in Communist China, the folks who've murdered half-a-million of us (and counting) with their biological warfare.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As stated if you had " measured twice..etc" you would seen the ball fitting. It is obvious. I think your talking about hot air tube? So after your fitting and, paying for welding, fabrication for whatever else, check the flanges with a straight edge. I used carbon fiber gaskets on my shorty ceramic headers.Good luck!