Headers for 1999 L29 7.4l 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasAggie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They have a ton, but I don't trust them to fit it off the box since they lost them for lots of applications.

I've heard that there are interference issues in burbs with rear A/Cs. Any insight into that?

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The biggest thing I noticed was the oil filter is in the way for Long tube headers on 4x4 trucks. If the truck is lifted there should be room to remove the adapter and mount the oil filter vertical with a 2wd oil filter stud.

I have an L29 in my Suburban with rear AC and didn't notice anything that would cause header fitment issues on the passenger side.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Truckracer

Reaction score
Bringing this back up to the top to see who has installed headers lately and how much difference they made. I’m looking for some for my ‘99 K2500 Suburban. Anyone know part numbers for this application? Seems they are getting harder to find.
I'm interested as well. Building a 96 2wd that was originally a v6 truck. I've got a 496 to go in the truck.

Papablunt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a week ago I picked up a set of Gibson ceramic coated shorty headers (GP113S-C) for my L29. Expect to pay about $750 shipped, but they're definitely still available.