Header Wrap???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even without the headers, I had noticed that the engine bay got really hot when towing. Then I realized that there is no outside air flow into the engine bay so heat just builds up. So I removed the rubberized splash guards from the wheel wells and the brush/rock guard from the front under the radiator. We never go off road, so don't think I need it. When the rain starts up here in the rainy Pacific NW, I'll put the splash guards back on. Weather is much cooler anyway at that time. The couple of times I have driven it on warm days the engine compartment is much cooler when I pop the hood with the splash guards gone.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've noticed even with a small block the bay get pretty hot. Wish gm made vents on the fenders or something. I left my splash guards on cause it rains quit a bit in houston. I'm gonna add a aux fan. Last one day I may do something with the hood. Idk what though. I really wanted a 442 hood but I doubt that helps with cooling the engine bay. But if I modified it a little I would like it to help escape heat. I just dont know how my truck would look.

You must be registered for see images attach

L29Sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Header wrap works well, but it often voids any warranty on the headers.
Wrapping tight and installed is gonna be a breeatch.
Install a hood with a functional vent/scoop. I had one on a burb and found that when underway the air was sucked into the rear facing scoop. All good. It did introduce cooler air right where needed. Had Gibson ceramics and temps were about the same as stock under the hood. The hood vented a lot of heat when not moving. Never any overheating issues with BB.
Stuff gets expensive don't it?!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk