Header Wrap???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just installed a set of JBA shorty stainless steel headers, sure runs a lot better, smoother running, actually reduced the noisy muffler sound. Got tired of replacing cracked manifolds.

I think I probably goofed by not getting ceramic coated headers cause I'll probably get a lot of heat off of the steel ones. Since we are going to tow next week and temps are supposed to be in the 90's where we are going, been thinking I should get some header wrap and wrap the headers.

That sound like a good idea?? Or not??

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just installed a set of JBA shorty stainless steel headers, sure runs a lot better, smoother running, actually reduced the noisy muffler sound. Got tired of replacing cracked manifolds.

I think I probably goofed by not getting ceramic coated headers cause I'll probably get a lot of heat off of the steel ones. Since we are going to tow next week and temps are supposed to be in the 90's where we are going, been thinking I should get some header wrap and wrap the headers.

That sound like a good idea?? Or not??

My input. YES double yes. Reason is this I bought pacesetter headers and put the in fine but the engine bay gets HOT and I mean hot. So besides killing starters I hate jacking with the bolts to the y pipe I finally gave up and I'm putting my stock manifolds back on... the wrap should help the heat and should help the starter or wires. Get a good quality one

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PlayingWithTBI is right gonna be a pain wrapping it nicely
I'm here to tell ya! I have the wrap and the ss ties, tried to do it in the truck. After an hour, I rolled up the wrap and put it and the ties into my "truck parts" tote. They're still there after 2 years, LOL! Some day I'll pull the headers and do it right!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm here to tell ya! I have the wrap and the ss ties, tried to do it in the truck. After an hour, I rolled up the wrap and put it and the ties into my "truck parts" tote. They're still there after 2 years, LOL! Some day I'll pull the headers and do it right!

I hear yeah. Sometimes I get like that if it's not too important however resently I've been like a little kid waiting on FedEx to deliver my goodies so I can get my truck back to top notch lol.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For some reason can't change my location, I was born in Lawrence, but now live in Blaine WA up by the Canadian border. My headers are stainless steel so I don't think they will rust. Don't care anyway, got to get the temp down so I can tow. I took the new headers off and have one wrapped so far. Easy to remove since nothing got set to tight, plus I remember how to do it.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shoulda done more research before buying my stainless steel JBA header. After a lot of retroactive research have decided to take the wrap off and just let things heat up. Too many people said DON"T DO it. So I ain't. I've driven about 100 miles with the wrap on, hope I haven't hurt things too badly. One thing I've noticed about the '94 Suburban's is that there is no cool air getting into the engine compartment. So carefully removed the splash guards behind the front wheels. Looks like cool air will go directly to the headers. I'll put them back on when it starts to rain. Also notice the protective metal pan in front of the axle blocks air. Since I don't ever go off road, going to try to take that off too. At least for our upcoming trip to hot eastern Washington next week. If the hood wasn't so perfect, I'd cut some reverse scoops into it.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am about to instal JBA ceramic headers on my 96 k2500 truck with 454 which gets really hot inside engine bay and I am hoping these heads take some of the heat away without needing to add louvers to hood. I also have a3 inch body lift which I know is a lot but it makes for installing spark plugs and soon header bolt access pretty easy! I also was in the Jeep TJ world for a long time and a 1.25 BL helped heat escape under the hood so maybe looking at a very small body lift is another option for heat escape... just thinking out loud.