Header Gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deathpunch0311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which is the best for our trucks (5.7)
I have shorty headers on my engine and keep blowing the gaskets. Any recs on a good aluminum set of header gaskets?!

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which is the best for our trucks (5.7)
I have shorty headers on my engine and keep blowing the gaskets. Any recs on a good aluminum set of header gaskets?!

I’d recommend a good set of copper gaskets going a year with longtube headers. Have had them off about 5 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had the opposite experience with copper gaskets on my '97 4.3L with shorty headers. Blew one of them out in less than a year. Switched back to a standard Fel-Pro gasket and haven't had any more problems in the last decade or so.

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the opposite experience with copper gaskets on my '97 4.3L with shorty headers. Blew one of them out in less than a year. Switched back to a standard Fel-Pro gasket and haven't had any more problems in the last decade or so.

Really? strange?I use them for anything that gets a large amount of heat never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I'm telling you...this is what you want:

The Percy's Seal-4-Good Reusable Flange Gaskets are multi-layered and made from a special "Dead Soft" Aluminum, which conforms to header flanges for the ultimate seal. Since the Seal-4-Good is made from multiple layers of dead soft metal, it easily conforms to small imperfections that a copper gasket simply can not. Due to this construction, these gaskets will not blow out or burn out when properly installed.

Percy's Seal-4-Good collector gaskets are referred to, by many, as the "best on the market". These "Dead Soft" aluminum gaskets seal far better than competitive copper gaskets. Available in 2 1/2", 3", and 3 1/2" sizes.

Deathpunch0311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a set of Percy seal for life gaskets hanging on a hook on the wall of my shed. They didn't make 6 months on my truck. If you use the Felpro HEADER gaskets, part number 1404, you should be good, or that is what I use and have had good results, but like I say they need to be header gaskets, NOT exhaust manifold gaskets!!!!!, there is a big difference.