"HD Trailering Special Equip" option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to believe that wouldn’t bolt right up to mine. In description, it says K1500, K2500 and K3500. Looks just like one on mine.
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone looking for 3 piece aluminum skid plates. Maybe he’ll ship.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a Z71 and it came with a plastic one? I thought Z71’s all came with that aluminum as well. Don’t quite me either!
Actually it’s not a skid plate, as Supercharged mention it’s part of the fan shroud. GM switched to plastic in the mid 90’s. My 96 and 97 Z72’s have the plastic ones. My 91 LD K2500 had aluminum.
Also, the Z71’s allegedly had a slightly thicker sway bar, like 1mm thicker or sumthin’………
I believe the Z71 option was only available on 1500’s in the GMT400’s.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Actually it’s not a skid plate, as Supercharged mention it’s part of the fan shroud. GM switched to plastic in the mid 90’s. My 96 and 97 Z72’s have the plastic ones. My 91 LD K2500 had aluminum.
Also, the Z71’s allegedly had a slightly thicker sway bar, like 1mm thicker or sumthin’………
I believe the Z71 option was only available on 1500’s in the GMT400’s.

Actually, from what I understand, Z71 = stickers, shocks, and front diff/t-case skid plates which I also believe were able to be had without the Z71 package.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Actually, from what I understand, Z71 = stickers, shocks, and front diff/t-case skid plates which I also believe were able to be had without the Z71 package.

Yes, I've got the skid plates on my 1-ton.... well actually in my garage. I took them off years ago for work underneath and haven't put them back on. I keep on intending to paint them first because the aluminum corrodes where the steel bolts go through. I suippose I probably could use anti-seize, but I've already got the paint I want to use.... Rustoleum Hammered like I put on my water pump.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 96 and 97 Z72’s have the plastic
Alpine I have an all aluminum set including what GM is calling a “Front Engine Shield”. The heading on the page says “Shields and Skid Plates, but when you scroll down to each part they call them shields. These all came as one set off a friend’s 96 Yukon. But your probably right that in that era, they were transitioning to the plastic front, which by the way, the plastic front engine shield came on my 96 K1500 w/o Z71. Seems like that shield would’ve been on all K series.

His 96 Yukon by the way also had RPO NY1 which was a fuel tank shield. Much needed for its location!

Last edited:

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I Have the aux battery tray. When I bought the truck there was a 8 year old dead deep cell in there hooked to the *****. I replaced it with a normal top post. Was hooked up to a firewall mount isolator, that only came on with key power. I used that to jump start my self quite a few times. Lol

Edit, guess I misspelled winch so it got blocked out. Oops

Last edited: