HD Headlight Harnesses w/ 4 High Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Looking for 4hi harness and Big 3 for 99 Tahoe 5.7L. Do have a question though about what may be a factory inline circuit breaker/fuse. Truck came factory with a 140amp alternator and has a 175amp fuse? mounted on on the fan shroud. Venmo to 84096.

Attachments

• 20220120_132046.jpg
    20220120_132046.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 39

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for 4hi harness and Big 3 for 99 Tahoe 5.7L. Do have a question though about what may be a factory inline circuit breaker/fuse. Truck came factory with a 140amp alternator and has a 175amp fuse? mounted on on the fan shroud. Venmo to 84096.
Great question!

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The setup and fuse size are factory. The 175A megafuse is there for circuit protection instead of the fusible link the 105A alternators were shipped with. I've retrofitted the AD244 140A alternator on both my 98 and 97, and have replaced the factory charge wire and fuse block supply wire with a copy of that setup. Went with a 175A resettable breaker on the 98 due to parts availability last year.

Reaction score
The setup and fuse size are factory. The 175A megafuse is there for circuit protection instead of the fusible link the 105A alternators were shipped with. I've retrofitted the AD244 140A alternator on both my 98 and 97, and have replaced the factory charge wire and fuse block supply wire with a copy of that setup. Went with a 175A resettable breaker on the 98 due to parts availability last year.
Thanks for the reply. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Was curious if 5vortec7 would be willing to work with this setup or if it would even work with his harnesses lol. Still learning.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a stock setup with gmt400’s that came with seat heaters. That’s the common thing as far as I’ve been able to figure out through the couple of customers that have had that set up. Yes, my kit will work with that I just need to make one cable a little longer, so it’s nice to know in advance! I’ll shoot ya a pm to set up your order.

langkg

Reaction score
Hello all.
I purchased a HD headlight harness a year ago and am just getting around to installing it after a pretty major overhaul of my ‘94.

Question on the power wire. I was planning on mounting the relay box on driver side fender and running the harness in parallel with the stock harness as intended.

Do you run power wire across core support to battery or along firewall to the power distribution block on passenger side?? Seems like I’m seeing references to both methods. Not sure what was intended by Brian or if it matters but wanted to get some opinions before I start drilling and running wire.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
I purchased a HD headlight harness a year ago and am just getting around to installing it after a pretty major overhaul of my ‘94.

Question on the power wire. I was planning on mounting the relay box on driver side fender and running the harness in parallel with the stock harness as intended.

Do you run power wire across core support to battery or along firewall to the power distribution block on passenger side?? Seems like I’m seeing references to both methods. Not sure what was intended by Brian or if it matters but wanted to get some opinions before I start drilling and running wire.
Replied to your PM but I’ll answer here as well for anyone else who’s curious. Designed to run back to and across firewall to junction block. It can be mounted on passenger side, although then the power supply wires would be a little long and need to be looped and tied up.

langkg

Reaction score
Replied to your PM but I’ll answer here as well for anyone else who’s curious. Designed to run back to and across firewall to junction block. It can be mounted on passenger side, although then the power supply wires would be a little long and need to be looped and tied up.
Thank you!!
I’ll look at the firewall option tonight. I appreciate the fast reply.