gstubbz's trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
So paint combos! Since this truck will be painted relatively soon. Company colors are like a forest green and white, and I have always wanted to roll around in a two tone truck because I have never owned a two tone GMT400 (fortunately my dodge is lol)

I like the forest green on this OBS Ford, so I did some terrible quick photoshop to get a rough idea of what it will look like. I kind of like it actually!! Would be darker in real life but it's a quick look.

You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ur girl better get over the paint haha. Not bad looking. You forgot to add a level an some bigger tires

gstubbz

Reaction score
A little update on this truck and a new temporary yard beater.

I haven't done anything to the truck in the shop since the 05 silverado sat in the shop for over a week and a half waiting for a new windshield. And the weather has been pretty terrible! Still snow on the ground and figured I'd wait it out. I'll be able to finally get the truck in the shop to do some more work to it tomorrow.

I need to change the trans filter and fluid, fuel filter, air filter, and spark plugs. I removed a plug today and it still had the originals! I'll get that all dealt with soon!

The truck needed a rear view mirror so I figured why not install a compass/temp mirror so that's what I did. I was able to steal almost the entire harness down to the dash and was pretty easy to wire up. Power from the radio, ground, and the wire to the temp sensor. That's about all I have done to this thing recently!

Another truck showed up, and this truck will be parted. I hate to, but there is so much cancer on this thing. The entire door rocker is about missing along with all the other rust and the guy hit a tree. Picked it up for $100!! From what I know it was purchased and lived in Michigan until 2014 or so, then some guy paid $9,000 for it in Oregon, then sold it to this guy two months ago who drove it down here and hit a tree so then we ended up with it. Whoever owned it spent a bunch of money on it like $1200 for a complete brake job and another $1700 on an entire front end rebuild. Whoever this person was threw money at it!

Now this thing drives super straight and the interior is in excellent shape. It's a 2000 S10 with the 2.2 four banger and a NV1500 5 speed manual. Here is the kicker, it has 84k on the clock! Definitely low mileage for what it is. If there was no rust on the thing I would be fixing it up with new front end sheet metal.

Really sucks but the rust kills this truck to me as a fix and flip vehicle. So it's going for parts! Even has an almost full tank of gas! Gas to feed the c1500.

Which ass looks better? They are both terrible but I like the c1500 more lol

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Rust. Blech.
Makes me glad I didn't buy a rusty shitbox 98 K2500 that needed rockers, fenders, doors, and a new bed. Would have gotten it dirt cheap though.

For some reason, the S10s in that body style hold their weight in gold around here, a little RCSB like that without rust would probably fetch $3500-4K.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How abt 200 an ill pick it up? If I could get through all this weather were getting ha. My gmpa has the same exact truck 2000 s10 4cly 5 speed with 98k he bought new an has only had to change the battery twice an recharge the ac once. Great for mpg.
Throw new front on an it'll sell to someone for abt 1500 as a good beater

gstubbz

Reaction score
Haven't been on here lately, but yesterday I did go and meet Cody @GarrettGmc in person after spending all week down in Sacramento, super cool guy and I had the chance to look at both his suburban and tore down c1500.

I should have taken a better photo with his suburban in it but you can see it hiding away in the background!

-----

I was never really an S10 guy but I can definitely see why these and the Blazers/Jimmys were super popular at the time. I never realized how low you actually sit in one of them with the super low bucket seats!

I'm actually shocked we ended up with it for $100, guy was going to take it to Chico and they offered him $150 for it there but didn't want to drive it that far for an extra $50. Haven't sold anything from it yet but I kind of want to make a little go cart or something out of it if nothing sells!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought I saw you snapping a pic ha. Thanks man, was nice meeting you an checking out the dodge. Next time you need to bring the econo truck an we'll take some better pics of the 400s so get it smogged.

gstubbz

Reaction score
I tried when you were walking to the bbq but I don't know why I messed it up so bad lol screams all dodge.

Might be taking it on Saturday. Depends on what is going on in life so we shall see!

Just to keep this thread full of photos here is one from earlier today.

That brush guard looks like it was made for the sealed beam headlights. Up in the air about installing it, I kind of think it looks ugly though. And I want to run a 6.5 bumper and it looks like the mounting bracket is in the way.