gstubbz's trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got through your build thread. That olive drab green extended cab was awesome everything you did to it I like. I have always wanted an extended cab short bed k2500 but after seeing all your pictures of your extended cab long bed in olive drab green I am changing my plan a little. Wish yours had not been dismantled.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I've been slacking lately with my updates! That's mainly because I try to import photos from my iPhone to my Windows PC and it stopped working but I found a get by solution so here I am. But a ton (truck related) has been going on. Due to COVID-19/Coronavirus I actually still have a job and am essential so I'm fortunate!

So that 05 GMC has now been turned into a parts truck, and it really has saved my ass and I'll explain why. Tonight I finally was able to yank the cab off, and I'll start cutting the frame up tomorrow to finally get this out of here. Hoping to have it gone shortly to make room for future vehicles.

You must be registered for see images attach

I no longer own the 93 K1500 pinecone truck. Back in January a coworker wrecked his S10, and on this Friday night in particular I found a 2007 Silverado 2500HD Classic that had just popped up on FB Marketplace that I wanted, so I listed the green truck for sale and two hours later my coworker called saying his truck was totaled. So I ended up selling him Pinecone for $1600 and running down to pick up that 07 on Saturday.

This 07 had a rusted out utility bed and had a bad 4L80e with no overdrive and no reverse and when I saw it I knew it was closer to the truck I wanted, and this 05 made the perfect parts truck for it.

So the 07 ended up being a massive pain in my ass, but for the time being it's been okay. I took the jenner from the 05 and swapped it in. Had some problems after I reused the original torque converter in the 07, so I had to pull it again and swap it with the 05 one. I took a ton of parts from this 05 for my 07 and I couldn't be more thankful. The bed was even used, although I plan on installing a flatbed hence the name "Flatty" on the licence plate (not to be confused with Flathead County, which is the county just south of me and Flatheaders are not liked in my county).

Here's how it looks now. Took the 05 bumper and made it fit with the Chevy grille although it's not perfect and this is due to the HD 2" body lift. Post-2003 GMCs make up the 2" in grille height and the post-2003 Chevys make up for it in the bumper height. Added K2XX mirrors that I love, 20% window tint I did myself (which didn't turn out all that bad for my first time), and the H2 wheels from my Dodge since that truck is currently in the laid off stage.

Yesterday when I was leaving work a tranny line had a hole so I was able to rush home and swap in a line I kept from this 07, just one of the thousand reasons it has saved my ass!

Green truck is officially done. I was FB friends with the guy who ended up with it but he recently deleted me and I can't find the truck. Anyway it was a photo of the truck going to the scrapyard.

Now this 05 just gets better. My coworker's son ended up with a 1976 C20 Scottsdale camper special with a 350/TH400 that is in decent shape, and his son just bought a 05 Denali and needed some parts so this weekend I am going to trade some stuff I have left over (radiator, PS pump, inner fender, hood, headlight, etc) for this square body so I'm spending nothing out of pocket. I am actually really excited to mess with my own square for a minute, although I believe it will be just a temporary stone at my shop and I'll use it to trade off for something else. However I'll mess with it for a few weeks and see what it's all about.

So now onto this S10. This is the same S10 my coworker wrecked and replaced with Pinecone, and I had the plan to use it as a Gambler 500 truck for Oregon this June. All it needed was a set of tires and an oil cooler line ($44) for the remote oil filter that was hit by the fan. I replaced the line, and got it running. I took it 2 miles up the road and it had really bad rod knock and I tried blowing it up with no luck. All it would do is seize up, it did this to me 4 times and the 4.3 refused to die! So for now it sits, although at this point I don't want it here I'd like to yank the nv3500 and send it on it's way to the dump.

And lastly, my Dodge. It's been sitting this entire time and I robbed it of it's wheels and tires for my 07 because it's still winter here (dumped like 8ish inches on us these past two days) and I am still unsure if I'll just fix it, keep it, or sell as is. I'm always in the air with this truck. No picture of it to show at the moment!

------------------------------

So there is my 3 month update. Really wish I spent more time posting in here as there was definitely a lot to talk about (and me to type about!) but I'll try keeping up to date.

gstubbz

Reaction score
I just got through your build thread. That olive drab green extended cab was awesome everything you did to it I like. I have always wanted an extended cab short bed k2500 but after seeing all your pictures of your extended cab long bed in olive drab green I am changing my plan a little. Wish yours had not been dismantled.

The front bumper on olive drab green truck. Is it custom made or manufactured?

A ECSB 2500 was what I wanted in high school if I couldn't get a crew cab. but I ended up with a ECSB 1500 so that was close enough! It was just a desert beater but I loved it for that, it was a ton of fun to thrash on and not care. The front bumper was custom made, and actually on my next trip to Cali I'm going to grab it and bring it back up.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure to swing by when u come back through cali. Sounds like you've been going through plenty of trucks. That 07 looks pretty good.
Still planning on taking that hd crew up there an getting it running?

gstubbz

Reaction score
Well this weekend was long, finished cutting up the 05 GMC the rest of the way, removed the front diff, and a ton of other spare parts that are good to have. I plan on a complete front end rebuild including new cv axles, and rebuilding the NP261 tcase and the front diff so at least I have these spares to work on so I can keep driving the truck! 05 had new pads and rotors already, score!

Then for today my coworker James went with me out to JDs house (another coworker) where the C20 was, and I took that home today. Checked the fluids and it seemed good, and away we went. No problems on the way home at all I stopped by a gas station immediately after leaving and filled it up, $33 at $1.99 a gallon was nice. Stopped in town for a sec to check out an 03 dmax that was for sale. The truck wandered super bad but I think part of that was the tires that were probably old enough to buy beer. Did do 80mph though! Maintained 65-70 on the highway easily enough too.

My driveway is kind of steep and we still have snow, not much but last night we had a tiny dusting so I made it most of the way up and ended up getting stuck so we used a chain and dragged the c20 the rest of the way home. I wanted to drive it around some more but I'm not going to leave the property in it until all the snow/ice is gone. 2WD problems!

One gripe I had today with my 07, after having it stuck behind me with the left DRL out I was pretty annoyed so I swapped the bulb in it this evening lol

So after I got home it was showtime with this C20. I cleaned out the interior of all the trash and blew it out, put the air cleaner back on (for some reason it was just the carb with no air filter but it's fixed now), removed the broken bug deflector, painted the hole in the grille for an emblem black, put the wheels/tires on it from the 05 GMC parts truck (better tires and matching wheels), and glued the little piece back to the windshield for the rearview mirror.

I have more planned for this truck, a 73/74 grille is on my list if that will happen or not. Needs some work for sure but it drives! Not bad for $300 in gmt800 parts for trade.

One other thing. The 07 has a wind noise around 70mph that would annoy me like crazy, and when James was in my truck he jumped in the back seat and said it was my headache rack, so I think it's the lights I had on top so I took those off and will confirm tomorrow. I had the same lights on the green truck with the headache rack for like 2 days and never drove it on the highway so I had thought that the wind noise was something this 07 seemed to always just have even after I replaced door seals.

----

More to come!

gstubbz

Reaction score
RIP Pinecone

Luckily I still get to see Pinecone daily!

Make sure to swing by when u come back through cali. Sounds like you've been going through plenty of trucks. That 07 looks pretty good.
Still planning on taking that hd crew up there an getting it running?

I'll get a hold of you whenever I head down! Not sure if I'll make it this summer or not. My bad habits don't seem to change my truck addictions! I love the 07, keeping it for a while I have lots to do. I'd love to get the crew but still who knows if that'll ever happen. I'll get my caltrans truck either way though!

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One other thing. The 07 has a wind noise around 70mph that would annoy me like crazy, and when James was in my truck he jumped in the back seat and said it was my headache rack, so I think it's the lights I had on top so I took those off and will confirm tomorrow. I had the same lights on the green truck with the headache rack for like 2 days and never drove it on the highway so I had thought that the wind noise was something this 07 seemed to always just have even after I replaced door seals.

Every extended cab truck that I have owned (with suicide rear doors) has had irritating wind noise at some point. I have just learned to accept it as the price for the convenience of those back doors.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A ECSB 2500 was what I wanted in high school if I couldn't get a crew cab. but I ended up with a ECSB 1500 so that was close enough! It was just a desert beater but I loved it for that, it was a ton of fun to thrash on and not care. The front bumper was custom made, and actually on my next trip to Cali I'm going to grab it and bring it back up.
That's awesome look's like you have some great projects going.