Ground location inside cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CheapHoe

Reaction score
I'm having weird electrical issues with the power windows, windshield wipers, HVAC fan and the shifter indicator on my 95. I am used to GM locating interior grounds down in the kick panels but they don't seem to be there. Anyone have any idea where they are on a GMT400?

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s on the LH side of dash, on tie bar right above the ALDL connector.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fighting something very similar, power locks and windows don't work and kill the dash gauges. Tach and speedo don't work with the headlights on. I'll check those internal grounds next, everything is good under the hood.

Travis D

Reaction score
My suggestion is ignition switch. Just to post something at the end vs the too many dead ends. The switch replaces all wires to the bottom of the column. 1a auto has how to video but I do not see any grounds.

Although I am also looking for the or a ground for the steering area myself. Which was why I read this thread...

Cross check with reviews for the ignition switches and many people are listing their symptoms.