Grinding noise. Goes away in 4wd.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
thanks for sharing Eric. that's a dielectric grease that I have not heard of before. I do use dielectric grease on lots of electrical connections but I have always been so careful to not use too much. I have not removed any of the important electrical connections on the burb at all so I have not used any dielectric grease in these spots.

I did replace the ignition switch and that bulk connector on the firewall is what I personally think may have been infiltrated with water as it has all these circuits tied into it... the windows not working along with the starter engaging. I cant think of another spot where this can happen. I did not think to use dielectric grease on this spot because its inside the cab.

but I could not find any water, like I could not find a drop anywhere. I understand it could be the windshield or the "eves trough" under the wiper cowl.

thanks for the info about Nyogel as I have not heard of this brand before. I have different common brand I cant think of the name right now but I know its silicon based. I see nyogel is a silica thickened but is synthetic. it seems they have put a lot of R&D into there products and should be far superior to the cheap stuff Iv been using for years that the cap ALWAYS snaps in half on. I wonder if that's the dielectric grease itself doing that cuz it's happened twice on me.

anyways thanks for sharing Eric I appreciate it.

it really has not stopped raining here for long since this storm... we go from winter to summer then back to spring. I'm worried its guna plunge back into winter next! LMAO.

Al

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The forum keeps eating my Amazon link

Do you have an ad blocker running in your browser? If so that may be the problem. After the site face-lift Amazon links get converted to media for some reason. Either way, if you delete the https:// and paste the link in from the www on it should keep that from happening and stay a standard link.