Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryline

Reaction score
Hey,
My names Ryan, I use the tag Ryline. I have owned several 88-98 C/K model trucks. But I have 1 in particular thats my baby that I'll own forever. It was my fathers truck who passed away in 1998. I was 14/15 at the time, so once I started driving it. I slowly worked on just about every aspect of upgrading the vehicle to how I wanted it. I learned a lot and also made many mistakes with the truck as I got more into automotive areas. Ultimately, I went on to learn the body repair, a little bit of frame repair, and heavy customized painting. So I'm still learning when it comes to performance and other drivability factors. I got rid of the factory maroon and repainted in a bright white just until I get some important drive train items dialed in. Then I'll figure out colors/designs that I want the exterior to show off. I lowered it mildly when I was 16 with a 3/4 static drop. Being young I had many ideas for the truck, racing, show truck, work truck, etc... But after I lowered it, and did a few minor bolt on performance items to the stock 350 small block. I decided there and then that all future improvements and changes to this truck would have to work around this truck being a driver not a trailer queen.

Fast forward many many years later as I'm 38 now. I took the truck out of an 8 year storage and have been back working on it. Currently my fiancé is getting her PhD in Florida. So I often use this truck for the drive between Michigan and Florida. It has developed some drive train issues and a few other things. I'm also going back through the electrical wires throughout the truck to clean up old projects and past mistakes from when I was young. I'm hoping to meet new like minded people on here. I will contribute any information that I have vast knowledge on and hope that others will assist me in areas I am stuck on and so forth. I've read threads on this forum before in the past but just now became a member. I'm hoping this forum is still very much active as its the type of community I would love to be apart of. I'm not sure what else I should post in this introduction so I leave it at that for now.

I look forward to meeting others and appreciate you taking the time in reading my introduction.

Ryline

Ryline

Reaction score
Lemme guess - 10 bolt open diff, maybe 3:42s?
Ya it’s a 10 bolt and I don’t know on the gearing. I started on rare occasions getting one wheel locking up. So thinking it was the brakes. I replaced everything with the drum brakes. I had to set it aside due to a family emergency and now getting back into it. I also would feel this pull I guess is the word to use when turning 90 degrees from a stop sign. I don’t know anything about gears but am about to jack the truck up, and while in neutral turn the wheels by hand to see if I can feel any type of binding or similar. Not sure if that’s a good way to check the gears honestly but was going to try. I want to drop the diff cover and put new fluid in. I’m just not sure if I should do that yet or not. I want to drive this truck to Michigan Sunday but starting to think I may have a bigger issue.

Ryline

Reaction score
You either love or hate the Caddy taillights...
I happen to love them!
Thank you, I was 17 and couldn’t afford the “Caddy Kit” so I created a bracket that held the caddy lights I found in a salvage yard. Once I figured out how I wanted that welded in. It was just a matter of forming the metal. I used several areas to cut and form hence the welds in the photos. I’m not sure the proper way but at 17 I was happy with the outcome.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here is a link to a video on how to get the gear ratio. Oi know its a s-10 but that doesnt matter.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media