Greetings from Germany...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aball

Reaction score
Hi together,

I just want to update the status of my Tahoe after I spent some hours working on the car:
  • replaced ignition cables and spark plugs, distributor rotor and cap and air filter
  • cleaned MAF and throttle body
  • fed her some bottles of valve and injection cleaner
  • replaced driver side door hinge (which broke shortly after) and door roller
  • flushed cooling system and replaced thermostat just in case
  • changed both diffs and transfer case oil
  • changed all steering linkages (still need to replace pitman arm)
  • added missing screw for front suspension height adjustment
  • replaced front turn signals an dpolished headlights
  • added LED bulbs for high beams (man, that made quite a difference!)
  • car came with electric cooling fans with two stage switch, I changed the circuit so that both fans run in series in first stage and in parallel for second stage (which until now never happened)
  • replaced ECU (wasn't able to read error codes)
  • replaced serpentine belt and idler pulley
  • cleaned everything
  • added one missing O2 sensor and replaced another
  • straightened up steering wheel (who ever added the body lift didn't pay attention when adding the steering column extension...)
  • replaced wipers and painted wiper arms
  • replaced hood release lever
  • replaced AC compressor , high pressure switch and dryer, still need to replace condensor
  • replaced battery
  • polished the alloy wheels and replaced rusty wheel nuts
  • replaced upper ball joints (will try to change the lower ones tomorrow)
  • added 76 antenna ball :)
So I'm about half way, still a lot of things to do. But she runs pretty fine now, way better than before.

Greetings from Germany,
Andreas.

aball

Reaction score
Finally was able to replace the pitman arm. Man, what a difference that made! :)
Also replaced lower ball joints, that was easier than I thought.
Unfortunately during this work we figured that the seals of the front wheel bearings are toast, too. :-(
Put on new tires (Grabber AT2s) yesterday, now she rides so quietly that I am able to spot other sounds which ask for taking care of. Never ending story.
Gearbox started to shift strangely, I need to replace oil and filter. Unfortunately the Gibson exhaust covers all the rear bolts of the oil pan, so I guess I need to remove or lower the exhaust in order to remove the oil pan.

aball

Reaction score
Hiho,
gearbox is missing 3rd gear now, clutch seems to be slipping.
I replaced oil and filter as well as the two shift solenoids but this did not help.
Found two other components (pressure regulator?) which I will replace this weekend.
If this does not help I have to take the car to a garage because I will not be able to take out the gearbox by myself.