Greetings from Albuquerque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrucksNCoffee

Reaction score
Good morning, all. I'm a retired truck driver living in New Mexico, where about the only vehicle rust we see are imports from the more humid climes. Cars and trucks do, indeed, preserve much better in the desert southwest.

Case in point: After retiring from decades of big rig driving 11 months ago, I used my very faithful but limited-in-what-you-can-do Suzuki Sidekick 4-door SUV of 17 years as my get-around vehicle. When I had opportunity to drive a crew cab dually belonging to a local charitable organization a few months ago, I realized that I really, REALLY wanted to get a pickup truck. I shopped around the local used-car lots, Craigslist (aka ScamsRUs), and Facebook Marketplace. I found my new-to-me 1997 Chevrolet K1500 ZR71 at a friend's place, sitting under a carport and looking rather forlorn, since the owner has dementia and had been moved into a nursing home. At 81,000 miles it's in great condition, but at 22 years old needs some fixes here and there. I have visited several internet forums and decided to join this one and see how we can support each other with our Chevy/GMC pickup addiction.

I'll sit quietly in the corner while I'm here and try to behave until I get a sense of the kind of asylum inmates - uh, forum members - who live here, and how things are done. Lemme know if you need a cup of coffee or a box of donuts - I'm looking for any excuse at all to jump in my pickup and drive it somewhere.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll sit quietly in the corner while I'm here and try to behave until I get a sense of the kind of asylum inmates - uh, forum members - who live here, and how things are done. Lemme know if you need a cup of coffee or a box of donuts - I'm looking for any excuse at all to jump in my pickup and drive it somewhere.

Welcome - got any tequila?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome from Missouri!

bowtie-72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I just got back from ABQ. my In-laws live in Four Hills! I too am a retired over-the-road driver, I get out there about four times a year. Maybe I will run into you at the cars and coffee one Saturday morning when I`m out there.