Green95Hoes LQ4 with NV4500 Conversion. Jam packed with info.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
I do have one more question because I'm eliminating all the wiring I can.... they make manual guages for temp and oil for these right? I'm going carb...so I'm trying to figure out how to do the alternator I'm eliminating ac. Any input on the alternator issue?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I do have one more question because I'm eliminating all the wiring I can.... they make manual guages for temp and oil for these right? I'm going carb...so I'm trying to figure out how to do the alternator I'm eliminating ac. Any input on the alternator issue?

The O/P, Green95Hoe, hasn't been active here for 2.5 years.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I know the OP hasn't been around in a while, but this seems like a good place to ask.

Didn't see it mentioned, but does anybody know what year his trans was? Seems the "change" is at '96 which is what I have. Like him, I see a lot of vague answers searching online for this combo, and want to get it right the first time.

Pricey, but seen this kit....https://www.advanceadapters.com/pro...-luk-clutch-kit-for-ls-series--gen-3-engines/
Looks like that would be all I need to get a 5.3/NV4500 to work together. With nearly 300k miles, I could probably use a new clutch.