Green95Hoes LQ4 with NV4500 Conversion. Jam packed with info.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green95Hoe

Rollin in tha big hoe
Reaction score
I have heard about that show but never made the trip. Might have to try it.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah its a good time plus theres alot more of us with trucks this year plus theres pretty much everything else with wheels there. you never know what your gonna see

Green95Hoe

Rollin in tha big hoe
Reaction score
Just another and probably final update. I had some O2 issues. Apparently when Current Performance did my wiring, they wired the drivers side plug backwards. I figured this out almost instantly when I matched it with the other side. Problem was the few minutes I drove like that, cooked the O2 because the 12 volt feed lines were burning up the 5volt signal lines. I had buy another O2 at my expense due to Currents incompetence. It would have been a lot of work, but knowing what I know today and if I do this in the future, I will chase each plug wire to the ECM plug and make confirm all the wires. Once we got the O2 in place, Mike was able to work his magic. It was interesting to see how Conservative GM sets the timing advance throughout the RPM range. It was a truly day and night difference once he gave me a new timing table. Driving it around later just kept getting more fun as the newfound power set in. I did notice a little exhuast popping when I clutch to shift. Mike said this wont be a problem to fix but Im not bringing him back here until my Wideband is connected and Ive got a good handle on the way it runs. I would be out driving it now if it weren't for the fact that I had some minor surgery this morning and I'm all cracked on pain killers.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So? Any thoughts on the difference between the two (3) motors? More power? Less? In different places in the RPM band?

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
What a beast of a tahoe. You do some seriously nice work there Green95.

And being able to compile it into a write up as neat and organized as this is a feat in itself! Props, definitely a helpful thread to anyone thinking of taking on a project like this

Green95Hoe

Rollin in tha big hoe
Reaction score
I have the earlier trans. There are def days when I wish I had the newer one, but then days when I'm so glad I have the earlier. The low gear has been very helpful every time I tow and exceptionally helpful when towing other trucks on the car trailer. It usually trips me up when I have to go back and forth between the 3500 in my 92 and the 4500 in the Hoe. Of course now that I have extra power, I think I wouldn't miss the granny gear so much. The tranny I went with was a junkyard unit and Ive got some bearings that may need attention. I think when I'm ready to change it out, ill go with the newer one. The 6.0 is fantastic. I actually drove around for a couple weeks with a bad injector and didn't even know it. Once I replaced it, the engine smoothed out and gained a bunch more power. I think its just a matter of time before I break something else in the driveline. Its hard not to keep my foot in it and with that manual, it just pulls like a freight train when I punch it. I have broken the 38's loose on dry pavement on more than one occasion. I don't know how I haven't tossed a ujoint, driveshaft or axle yet.

Last edited:

gmfan454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome thread. I am planning on doing this in a 95 suburban 2WD.