Green95Hoes LQ4 with NV4500 Conversion. Jam packed with info.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow quite the writeup, perfect though and just what I started this site for. Thank you for your very kind words, to those who don't know Brad's quite a nice guy himself, helping me with my lift kit and axles back when I knew nothing! I hope this helps people for a long time.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn clean swap... Ur gonna give mike a run for his money..! Thanx for all the part #'s and prices... lots of details here to really nice write up...

Green95Hoe

Rollin in tha big hoe
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words. I was hoping to get you guys some video but I ran into a couple minor issues at the end. I think anyone taking this on will incur some small unexpected things. Maybe these should be shared more to help others. My exhaust shop had difficulty in doing the splice because flanges were not readily available locally. I should have ordered the exhaust manifold weldable flanges up front to save some time and money. In the end the shop bought two passenger side downpipes (since the drivers side is connected to a cat). They modified the flange on the drivers side to work so I could have my truck back that day. Also I asked them to service and recharge the AC. Since the high side check valve was the original one from 95, it burst as soon as they connected to it. The part was available over the counter at my local Avance Auto. I will have to drive back to his shop this weekend and have it recharged. By the time he got the truck back to my house, the junkyard alternator bearings were whining. I ended up buying a brand new 145amp alternator but at least now I had a core to trade in. Yesterday I swapped the alternator and then after putting everything back on, found a nasty belt chirp. Looks like my power steering pump pulley is not pressed on far enough. Despite it looking to be in alignment, it was clearly off when I tried to put a straight edge on the harmonic and power steering pulleys this morning. Should be an easy fix when I get home from work today.

While doing a random check yesterday, I felt the need to heat tape wrap the starter wires as they seem to come a lot closer to the stock manifold than the old headers. Ill get a pic of that up tonite. Also I am getting two Check Engine codes. One for an O2 and one for VSS. Mike is coming down tomorrow to do some more tuning. Hopefully we can get that squared away.

Green95Hoe

Rollin in tha big hoe
Reaction score
Ok, got my belt chirp figured out. Looks like I didnt press the power steering pump pulley on all the way. It looked straight, until I put a straight edge on it and it was off by a belt tooth. Rule of thumb is to press that bugger on until the pulley is flush with the pump flange. My CEL is on because of the VSS. Ill have Mike take care of that when he tunes me up tomorrow.

I just went back and added some more pics to this thread so check those out.
Here is what you have all been waiting for. I present the walkaround and startup video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU-9I792aQY

Last edited:

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You guys should come to Bass Pro in foxboro Aug 9th is the next cruise unless theres a Pats pre season game that night