Got it tuned in finally!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some of you might have read me ranting about how i was having trouble making my truck good after having tbi chips do the tuning.

Well after 5 chips and no improvement i gave up on tbichips. i tried to file a complaint with my cc company but they took his side and i lost my money. after talking to some people on here i was sent over to gearhead-efi.com to seek help with my issue. within a few minuets of making a post asking for help i had a tuner agree to do the tuning. he had fixed a few of Brians f ups. after doing some logs and sending him the chips from Brian he decided that i needed bigger injectors and that we were going to start from scratch. he sent me a starter chip.

The new tuner had recommended that i buy a moates.net g1 adapter so we could just mail chips back and forth instead of the whole memcal chips.

Then i got the first chip i put it in and the stuck was totally different it had power and was drivable. after some logs we got a second chip that was another big improvement. i can not say how good he did getting my truck tuned in.

If you need a tune in your gmt400 for a stock motor, one with mods or a swap you need to contact Eagle Mark on fullsizechevy.com or gearhead-efi.com. he will get you tuned in.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Ive dealt with Brian before. He did a tune to get the 4L80E working in a Hummer H1 that i Whipple supercharged. The chip sent was out of a Tahoe with a 700r4. He tweaked all the fuel and spark tables, and added big block shift tables. Truck runs like a tank (thats practically what it is haha). We added cop car 65lb/hr injectors and a modded TBI and youd swear it was overpowered, but its just a mostly stock 350.

I guess it depends on the application. Ive heard bad things about him, and lots of good things. He definitely is a nice guy and knows his stuff. Thanks for the link, though.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya he likes to use the tune for a 7004 that is what he used for my 4l60e that is why it almost burnt up the trans.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
ya he likes to use the tune for a 7004 that is what he used for my 4l60e that is why it almost burnt up the trans.

No, the chip was Whipple tuned for a 700. We were wondering why the trans was throwing itself into limp mode, then i remembered it had a 4L80E and needs the trans tuned into the chip. So thats what we had him do. He did it really quick and even worked in some custom tuning to help with the boost the Whipple was putting out, and we had the chip back in less than a week, if i remember correctly. After swapping spark plugs, it ran great afterwards.

Just goes to show, Whipple never expected to have one of their SC's on an H1 :lol: they had no clue what to do when the owner called customer support. If memory serves, the man on the phone said something like "..you supercharged a what?"