Got another squarebody

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I finally picked up another squarebody about a week ago. Been looking for one non stop since I totaled my 83 Jimmy about 8 months ago. I picked up a 85 K5 Blazer. It's just a roller and has been converted to 2wd but it won't be long and it'll be up in the air and running and driving. I payed $750 for it and the guys delivered it to the house for me. It's got very minimal rust, only one or two insignificant spots. Quarters have been cut to fit larger tires and it has no fenders or inner fenders. At one point in time it was on 44s. It was a toy for a previous owner. This guy has had well over 40 squares and he's only in his mid 30s. Great guy to deal with and has a lot of extra parts and says he will help me out on many things. I currently only have one pic of it saved as I was in a rush the night I got it and only got one. Has a clean title and is a good start to completely go through it and do everything right and the way I was wanting to do my 83. So ready to get this project started. Should be starting this weekend getting my 83 taken apart and organized for the rebuild. Going to be bagging and tagging every nut and bolt. Everything will be tagged and organized.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hard to beat those old K5s, I was looking at a few the other day as something to build as a trail rig or something,
I've always wanted to build one for a trail rig but both the ones I've had have been to nice to cut up and tear up in the woods. I'll still get em dirty though.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't made any progress on this thing at all. Been a bit lazy the past couple of months but have been thinking about what I really want to do to it. So here are my plans.

Looking at going back with factory paint and paint scheme. Going back with a complete factory front end grille and such. Swapping to the 83 top with sliding windows. Running my SBC 350 w/th350 trans and 208 case. Wanting to regear to 4.56s and 37x12.50r15 tires and factory color matched with beauty rings and center caps 15x8 rally wheels. That's the just of it.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How long did it sit in your garage for? At least you didn’t put any money into it.

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do love me a k5 blazer, good luck with it I can’t wait to see what you do with it