Got a weird leak sometimes ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FIREBALL 94

Bowtie enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I got news while waiting on my new weatherstripping piece I went to the junkyard and found a good shape newer style weatherstripping piece designed like yours east302 and tried it on the drivers door my leak is totally gone, it come a few downpours pretty, hard rain and nothing, totally dry so that was my problem the drip rail weatherstripping was the cause of it all anyhow figured I’d give a update ......

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@FIREBALL 94

Still dry?

I swapped the seals on mine, too, and thought it worked. It didn’t.

Mine is coming through the seal at the door and window, running down into the door and out the door pin holes and speaker seal onto the rocker panel weatherstrip. From there is overflows and the carpet soaks it up.

The two door drains are clear. Best guess is it’s the trim strip at the bottom door glass, the torn up plastic sheet on the door, the gasket at the inner door panel or the cheap door pins somehow not keeping water inside the door.

You must be registered for see images attach