Goofy ideas thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about a thread of crazy ideas we’d like to do but done have the $$$ or skills to pull off?
I’ll start…
-Rear AC in a Crew cab truck
-power sliding rear window
-panoramic sunroof
-Dodge Ram style bed storage (or Nissan Titan or old school Ford)
-Barn door style tailgate like the rams

All I can think of for now.
I’m probably gonna do a few of the bed modifications

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Powered vent windows on an extended cab, a project I hope to work on next year.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
That is incredible. I have Venture motors and a Suburban switch already. That gives me a lot to work with.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about a folding hardtop like kindig did on a C10.....that was awesome. Have been seriously considering this as a swap as my boy wrote off a 06 Laramie "swerving to miss a dog" lol. Don't want to do a LS like everyone else..... different and stubborn are my middle names!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Twin TBIs on a dual quad intake and a 681 blower.
Haven't you already done a dual TBI setup? I think you need to do a Tri-Power setup.

Has anyone ever done a body drop to set the body lower on the frame? I want to do an extreme lightweight race truck on a Lemons budget with a 5/7 drop and maybe even a bit of body drop. I'll cut the bottom out of the bed and put a thin plastic tonneau cover on it. No inner fenders, skin the hood and doors. I'd try and get the truck light enough for an NV3500/10-bolt to survive behind it.

Anybody have a regular cab stepside they want to sell me, dirt cheap? Body damage & missing drivetrain is okay!