Goodwrench Crate Motor ID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geronimo77

Reaction score
Good afternoon,
I am trying to identify and find out some more information about the engine in my truck.

The casting number is 10066036 which I have found is:
350, 2 or 4 bolt main, Target Master/Goodwrench crate motor, 2-piece rear

The engine VIN by the water pump looks to be 1M1025 1VP. (Picture attached)
Mexico, October 25, 1991?

Does this interpretation seem correct? Also, is ther any way to find out more information about this engine?
Currently in my 91 Silverado.

Thank you,
Matt

Edit: October 10 to October 25

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpeg
    IMG_0203.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The two-piece rear main marks that as a very-incorrect replacement engine for your truck.

First Guess: Ordinary, bottom-feeder generic "new" replacement engine; GM sold a zillion of them at advantageous pricing and with a decent warranty to folks who cared more about price and reliability than actual performance.

The Mexican casting and machining isn't all that great, but it's "good enough" for most folks.

There's magazine articles written about swapping some parts and making power with 'em.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The '79 square body Burb we used to have, had one of those Mexican casting GM Goodwrench 350s in it. I wanna say those "superseded" the targetmaster? The starter had been replaced, and the outer bolt mounting had cracked off the block. Someone had welded a stud in its place, and Dad added an extra tab , so that starter's drive end housing was unique to the truck. We rebuilt the starter a few times over the 15 years we drove that Burb, put many miles on it!