Good motor mounts... how about this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@L31MaxExpress what's your experience been like with the energy suspension motor/trans mounts?
I just replaced my stock rubber with the poly all around, but the truck isn't roadworthy so haven't had a chance to test the ride quality

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@L31MaxExpress what's your experience been like with the energy suspension motor/trans mounts?
I just replaced my stock rubber with the poly all around, but the truck isn't roadworthy so haven't had a chance to test the ride quality
A little more of the engines vibration is transfered into the frame and thus body but when I swapped them my throttle response and off-idle transition feel became much stronger. The engine no longer moves around at all when you give it throttle. I fought what I though was a hesitation off-idle forever. Turns out my "hesitation" was weak old shot motor mounts.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swapped inserts on my burban with poly. Been happy with it so far .

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the description, it's a piece-of-crap Anchor engine mount.

The description says it fits 2WD (C) and 4WD (K) vehicles...but C and K mounts are different. This one looks like a C/2WD unit.

Description says "Made in USA" but lower-down it says "United States Unknown or Varies".

I don't think ICT Billet has any damn idea of what they're selling.

What they're selling is apparently Anchor Junk.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drill the rivets out holding the clam shells and put Energy Suspension inserts along with an Energy trans mount.
You must be registered for see images attach

Not even close to correctly-made. Poly insert is too wide, and the steel tangs molded-into the Poly are at the wrong angle.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
According to the description, it's a piece-of-crap Anchor engine mount.

The description says it fits 2WD (C) and 4WD (K) vehicles...but C and K mounts are different. This one looks like a C/2WD unit.

Description says "Made in USA" but lower-down it says "United States Unknown or Varies".

I don't think ICT Billet has any damn idea of what they're selling.

What they're selling is apparently Anchor Junk.

Well that's too bad. I had hoped I had found a solution to the issue. I did see "anchor" later, but figured maybe they still had production capability here and could/would do customs runs oif paid well enough.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Not even close to correctly-made. Poly insert is too wide, and the steel tangs molded-into the Poly are at the wrong angle.
On mine they fit fine and the steel tangs interlocked correctly. They are slightly bigger and make for a tighter fit, but mounted ok in the steel clamps.