Gonna need towing mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

herkyhawki

Reaction score
Finally installed the Trail Ridge this summer. Have been towing boat and camper and they work great. Very little vibration. Make sure you use the added mounting bracket when installing. Electrical connector was plug-and-play, up down,side-toside all worked out of the box. 98 K1500.

smashdn

Reaction score
I ordered some of the trail ridge tow mirrors (in haste) back in the summer for my K1500 suburban. Mine has factory, non-tow, heated/power/auto dimming mirrors that were messed up. After I pulled the old off and compared the plugs to the new ones they are not the same, any idea what can be done at this point to retrofit the plugs to work so I have at least the powered adjustment working? I even went to the trouble of buying a new window adjustment switch for the door and had installed it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered some of the trail ridge tow mirrors (in haste) back in the summer for my K1500 suburban. Mine has factory, non-tow, heated/power/auto dimming mirrors that were messed up. After I pulled the old off and compared the plugs to the new ones they are not the same, any idea what can be done at this point to retrofit the plugs to work so I have at least the powered adjustment working? I even went to the trouble of buying a new window adjustment switch for the door and had installed it.

Should be able to remove the pins from your stock mirror plug and put that onto the tow mirror.

smashdn

Reaction score
Should be able to remove the pins from your stock mirror plug and put that onto the tow mirror.

Any idea which wires are for what in the stock plug? have a diagram by chance? The wires for the heated option and dimming are gonna get taped up and be un used. I want to say the factory was a 6 pin connector and the trail ridge mirrors were four pin connectors but that is going from memory.

I was careful not to drop the factory plug down into the door when i put the foam piece back in. Everything is sitting right there accessible once that plastic triangle piece and the foam is removed.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sadly you're not gonna find any made in the good ol' U S of A. They're all Chineseum. I have the K2XX mirrors on my dually and GMT900 on my 1500. The GMT900 mirrors are better to back up with, otherwise I like the newer style more.

You must be registered for see images attach
So I have been thinking about swapping to a tow mirror much like the above . Power plug n play but the question I have how does the built in turn signal wire up to the vehicle .

The mirror wire harness that runs up thru my 99 obs suburban only operates the mirror adjustment afaik.

Lmc had a set that did power and heat.. I inquired and they quoted me as saying the heated aspect on their tow mirrors works or is triggered on based off our heater control dial knob .
The wiring on the trucks side allows the heated mirrors to function? Are some “power only “ truck mirrors provisioned with “tucked away “ wiring on the harness inside the door that’ if added or connected operate heated mirrors or turn signal mirrors?

“That’s just an extra rant I had a on how do heated option tow mirrors truly and really wire up to a replacement door that only had power adjustability?

I don’t need the heated option tow mirrors unless it comes with the mirrors I order, but I do wanna know how do we get turn signal mirrors to work ? Is there extra wiring already provisioned in the door harness that plug to the mirrors ?
I’m looking at this set

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have been thinking about swapping to a tow mirror much like the above . Power plug n play but the question I have how does the built in turn signal wire up to the vehicle .

The mirror wire harness that runs up thru my 99 obs suburban only operates the mirror adjustment afaik.

Lmc had a set that did power and heat.. I inquired and they quoted me as saying the heated aspect on their tow mirrors works or is triggered on based off our heater control dial knob .
The wiring on the trucks side allows the heated mirrors to function? Are some “power only “ truck mirrors provisioned with “tucked away “ wiring on the harness inside the door that’ if added or connected operate heated mirrors or turn signal mirrors?

“That’s just an extra rant I had a on how do heated option tow mirrors truly and really wire up to a replacement door that only had power adjustability?

I don’t need the heated option tow mirrors unless it comes with the mirrors I order, but I do wanna know how do we get turn signal mirrors to work ? Is there extra wiring already provisioned in the door harness that plug to the mirrors ?
I’m looking at this set
The mirrors get wired to the dash. I'll try to find a how to video.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media