Gmt800/900 fan in Gmt400?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

400North

Reaction score

Also here’s an article that will help you replace the thermal cutoffs/fuses in a blower motor resistor if you want to. I did it with my broken resistor and it worked (I used 15 amp fuses instead of 10 amp fuses it originally came with just to test with a gmt800 blower motor, but some of the fuses still started to smoke so 20 amp is the next step up I will try).

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If possible, get early GMT 800 parts. I've got a 99 NBS, and I've never had to mess with blower motor resistor blowing out on that truck.

My brother had an 06 that went thru resistors often. Not sure why. I bought an 04 project SUV, and that was one of the first things I had to change. And my 2000 k3500 GMT 400 also had the resistor blown when I bought it...:rolleyes:

Also, out of all those trucks, the 99 is the only one with a cabin filter. Not sure if that's a 99-02 thing, but at some point the cabin filter was deleted. May not matter to you though.

My 01 Sierra has a cabin filter also. I'm thinking it was deleted in 03 models?

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is a helluva lot of work to get possibly 1 cubic inch a minute more air volume.........

I know the gen-u-ine GM OEM blower blows more air than the Four Seasons blower in my 02 vs 96 vans, which are identical.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
@Donald Mitchell @Dropped88
I’m fixing to do this job, do you remember what size gasket material you used? It’s cheap but I don’t want 6 different sized rolls of foam tape if I don’t need it lol
I used 3/4" wide by 3/8" or a little more thickness from Lowes. I had some left but no package.