GMT400 Model kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
If I can every get around to working on it, I have the parts to do a RCLB dually. Have two dually kits, and a stepside kit, all already assembled many years ago, so won't be easy to work with. Also found an old 18 wheeler kit, so might throw some semi wheels on it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Which kit is this?

I have been recently looking at dealer promo kits and the three different retail model kits.
Nothing seems to be a dead ringer for my truck, but I am used to (in what now seems to be a former lifetime) customizing kits.
This is the monster truck one, retooled from the original version. Supposed to have more accurate decals and details, according to the Round 2 promo video on YouTube. I think this would have been covered in the December 2020 or January 2021 video ( they do one at the beginning of each month).

unruhjonny

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked it up, I'm a little bummed that it isn't a regular truck kit.
One of these day's I'll bite the bullet and either buy a promo kit that's as close to my truck as possible, or buy and build a retail kit to replicate my truck.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked it up, I'm a little bummed that it isn't a regular truck kit.
One of these day's I'll bite the bullet and either buy a promo kit that's as close to my truck as possible, or buy and build a retail kit to replicate my truck.
Not sure short beds were out. Long beds for sure-AMT ERTL in 1/25 scale. I have the burb and yukon (Brooklyn Guild) in 1/25,dually(also Brooklyn) and AMT Tahoe. Also several other models as you see in one of my display cases-a lots for sale too if anybody's into it. Ask and I may have it.

You must be registered for see images attach

unruhjonny

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
also, there was a short wheel base sport side (step side) truck made in both promo and retail kits, as well as the SS454 which was a short wheel base fleetside box.
Then if I wanted to get even closer, there was a 1992 kit for the SWB fleetside "sport" truck - but it wasn't a 4x4 ;)

unruhjonny

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recently bought a mint '70 promo model - it's pictured here on the far left;
Beside it is a '71 promo kit, and a '73 promo kit.
I also recently bought a damaged '70 promo kit that will probably become my '70 (Carousel Red Formula 400)
I have one '75 retail kit awaiting a rebuild, and a second partial '75 kit.
I rebuilt a '76 retail kit that my uncle built when he was a kid about thirty years ago! (time sure does fly!!)