GMT400 Lift Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score

FA31

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
wasnt actually a link to anything. Rough country is kinda crap though, and not even the billion piece old pro comps were difficult to install so that just seems sad to illustrate that its "easier installation"
Weird that it doesn’t take you that page on their website.

Other than BDS, what 6” lifts should I consider?

Ive tried going through this thread, but some stuff doesn’t apply currently.

It’s an awesome thread, just trying narrow down the info.

Last time I did one, it was a TrailMaster, if that tells you anything about how long it’s been.

Last edited:

Kyle Ruh

Reaction score
"cause we don't count Whiplash"

Can I get an elaboration please? What does everyone think about Whiplash? Quality or Qrap?

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"cause we don't count Whiplash"

Can I get an elaboration please? What does everyone think about Whiplash? Quality or Qrap?

I think it might be the fact that their website looks like a 15year old made it. They're not a major company either or factory production. I could be wrong but the website says it all for me. Not sure of the backstory with them but IMO putting anything bigger than an 6.5inch (other than a SAS) looks kinda silly.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That was a really good read and teaming with data. Knuckle bumps to you sir. I am considering popping the front end up on my 96 Hoe and them 22" knobbie lopros to roll. Effectively I would work the Lifted and Lowered GMT400 forums. A Hybrid. I'm gonna re-read but think you missed this data...

Being from Yuma AZ I can say with jurisdiction that West Coast means IFS Must have wider front stance or be a total skate ***. Oregon and Colorado people however eat too many shrooms and are unaffected by El Cajon syndrome.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That was a really good read and teaming with data. Knuckle bumps to you sir. I am considering popping the front end up on my 96 Hoe and them 22" knobbie lopros to roll. Effectively I would work the Lifted and Lowered GMT400 forums. A Hybrid. I'm gonna re-read but think you missed this data...

Being from Yuma AZ I can say with jurisdiction that West Coast means IFS Must have wider front stance or be a total skate ***. Oregon and Colorado people however eat too many shrooms and are unaffected by El Cajon syndrome.

Weed was legalized first in CO good sir. Besides, CO is turning more into CA than OR far as I can see.

Last edited:

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Weed was legalized first in CO good sir. Besides, CO is turning more into CO than OR far as I can see.
Well whenever they quit tucking thier boots into thier pants I will quit being jealous that it is a safer place to live than Az, floods and such. Great guys - did big construction recently with a crew from boulder. Very nice trucks. They fight at work every day.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to get off topic perhaps I can take a mulligan and Admin can delete my ramblings. Lots of hard work I am grateful to benefit from by others here so my apologies for clogging progress. In any case I need a 2wd lift and have 2" Belltech drop spindles adding 1" to track width. Suckage without reason. Lift=ok. Drop=how am I gonna tuck with this +1" offset? Stupid engineering.

nyvenom30

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
having major issue with installing this superlift ifs kit on my 94 suburban. called superlift and one the reasons they discontinued the kit was do to fitment issues. now ive spend 1500 on so im something that isnt working out. sucks but canet change it. guess its time to figure a different kit or just go sas!!!
so its official superlift wont do anything is and suggestion using ratchet straps to install the font differential drop, im like no thanks. jegs offered a refund, guess ill have to take it but now im in search of a solid axle.

Last edited: