Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Here’s couple pics one is when out with family on Saturday and the other is after I got the wiring routed as more to my liking. Along with raising up and plum’ing the radio flush with dash as guy had it where the drivers side was out further as angled towards the passenger side I ended up flipping the side metal brackets as to get better fine tuning for raising it up now I need to take my time on cutting the dash radio spot and get my custom self made aluminum dash trim kit piece also finished up as it’ll be after I cut opening but it just snowed again yesterday and last night only a inch but winters back and also to snow 3-5 inches Wednesday here and I’m doing OT starting at 3/4am Thursday morning so hopefully I can crave out time to finish up the dash !!

Attachments

• CE090C3A-B493-4A76-B214-50C606FB5904.jpeg
    CE090C3A-B493-4A76-B214-50C606FB5904.jpeg
    309.8 KB · Views: 17
  • CE0CC72D-AC1A-4D99-A1A0-1B82273F15C8.jpeg
    CE0CC72D-AC1A-4D99-A1A0-1B82273F15C8.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 18

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Finally got a new rear passenger side door handle for the interior hopefully I’ll be able to put it in today after work. Since my daughter decided to break it!! But it is what it is now! I also have to do my work car drivers door handle so maybe I’ll get both done tomorrow. I also seen a few off color interior door handles that had the chrome handle if anyone was looking to make a nice upgrade inside they were on eBay btw brown blue tans a black .

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So I put in/on the rear door handle took a minute but it’s done plus I put in my work car’s driver door handle as it broke a little bit ago and I’ve had to roll window down pull handle on outside to get out everytime lol but both are working and done ! Now I need another day to work on dash bezel to complete the new radio but seeing if anyone has loaded up start up images for radio Home Screen it has directions but was a computer needed or able to load images off phone?

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Lol I’ll have to take a pic of the dash I had to plug back in all the accessories without the bezel since today we’re getting a bit of snow 3”-5” with possibly maximum of 8” so I needed the “extra traction” button back lol

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Here’s just after leaving work in Ann Arbor to pick up some edibles for the wife but at the house we have about 7” out in the yard close to a foot!

Attachments

• 24CFF7DF-A79B-4333-9082-0EB4C682CFDF.jpeg
    24CFF7DF-A79B-4333-9082-0EB4C682CFDF.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 7

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yeah I’m gonna be deciding on keeping this radio or just putting back the stock radio and looking into a Bluetooth receiver hook up vs The ismiple hook up see if theirs something out there that will give me some more decibels when playing off iTunes off my phone. Just not a android guy 1 and 2 ease of use is not as seamless as I was expecting. But I have to make some calls tomorrow and then I’ll make my absolute decision so I can have my interior fully back in place!! And once again feedback is appreciated! An maybe it’s just me stuck on things being super simple as it was before?

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So I’ve been doing some research on what connections give best sound quality when playing music off a digital source. A usb connection is best I found which is good to know but I haven’t found any plug n play usb adapters please feel free to check yourself as well I would appreciate it if one was found! But I did find an YouTube video that had a plug n play Adapter that connected to the cd player input of radio but plugged back into connector for cd player that has a headphone jack cord run off of it you only need to put a cd in player then start your digital audio player then radio automatically switches to your digital audio player! Here’s the video link and the part I’m thinking of doing this as I’m not all set on the radio project I’ve got going! I want simplicity of use and not lose other sources for music! And I’ve talked and read up on the why’s of it! So I’m going to decide this or that over the course of this week as keeping new radio or swap back to stock. I’m open for suggestions or input thanks
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• 9282FFA0-F38C-4394-8EF1-8C83AB69062D.png
    9282FFA0-F38C-4394-8EF1-8C83AB69062D.png
    607.5 KB · Views: 4

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So I’ve decided to return the radio as February 1st is the day it has to be mailed out by. So I’ll be taking it out today after work and boxing it back up! I’m going to buy that cd player switch cord but I’m going to call first and make sure that it’s the right cord and double check if the bye chance carry a usb of the same set up! So I’m probably repeating myself over the last few posts but I’m just not as happy with ease of use and I like having my cd’s to listen to, the volume wasn’t as gradual as you’d expect 1 was a decent amount of volume as it should’ve been 4/5 volume level I cranked it up 2X up to maybe
10-15 which was plenty loud!!! But its hard to get the eq set to right levels as to not need change anything I got close. it’s also pretty damn bright even in lowest setting maybe in future if I happen to go down this route again I’ll be sure to have a piece of window tint applied to the screen nothing super dark. Im not saying this was a bad radio im expressing my thoughts and experience with this particular radio and for those that have one great I hope to run into you one day as to see how you like it and how you use the radio. So im going to try to take pics along the way of taking out the radio and hooking up the old.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You and I have the same taste. That would be awesome if they had a usb but aux would be ok too

There is a guy local to me that adds BT, aux and rca pre outs to our radios. A fully restored radio with the extra is 300ish

Last edited: