Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yeah there’s a plug on the floor by the vcr it’s weird because the cord is like 2ft long way to long! But yeah I’m not sure really how exactly everything works since I never used it but one time way back just after I bought it! Lol but what do you think would be a fair price? You may have to get a Bose ac delco radio also but I’m not sure? Which eBay would be best bet for that .

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah there’s a plug on the floor by the vcr it’s weird because the cord is like 2ft long way to long! But yeah I’m not sure really how exactly everything works since I never used it but one time way back just after I bought it! Lol but what do you think would be a fair price? You may have to get a Bose ac delco radio also but I’m not sure? Which eBay would be best bet for that .

I’m thinking it will work without the Bose radio. I hope so at least! I have no clue on pricing, I haven’t found any listings, current or old. Not many people want the VHS, they all want the DVD lol. $150? I have no idea :D

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
I think $150 be good on price and think it probably work without the Bose radio but I’ll try to remove the system over this week and next week. As daughter has birthday party happening this coming Saturday and I don’t want to rush removal to make sure things come out as they should!

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think $150 be good on price and think it probably work without the Bose radio but I’ll try to remove the system over this week and next week. As daughter has birthday party happening this coming Saturday and I don’t want to rush removal to make sure things come out as they should!

Thanks man!!!! No rush at all, I understand. Super exciting though :D I’ve been trying to find paperwork on the system but haven’t been able to.

Will you be removing the cables from the headliner? Do they pull out easily? I have no idea. I wonder how I’ll even install it. It’s so exciting lol

Cheers :D

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
I’m not sure how wiring’s ran but I’ll do my best to get them out in 1 piece and you may have to take down headliner to secure the wires in spots so they don’t rattle lol but you may be able to get away with something else to keep them from rattling is your interior grey or tan? If it’s tan then the tv shroud will blend right in but if you have grey then you’ll have to paint shroud to match. But that wouldn’t be a big deal lol but I’ll keep you posted on how it goes!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
To MR. John Moore
So I’ve started the removal process and wires are ran up B pillar from underneath back seat on drivers side seat up to screen there’s more I need to pull handful of wires going under carpet so one goes back for antenna on rear passenger side back window and I think 1-2 go up towards front box under dash in front of driver seat but not really hard to get it out just wires are the pain at the moment lol
Here’s some starter pics I’ll have more for you along with a drawing of layout for cabin and dimensions for cuts and what not. it’ll all be sorted for you to have a super simple installation !
You must be registered for see images attach

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Soooo I pulled out all the wiring lots of it extra 2-3ft per cord!! Smh but it’s done took some more pics along the way the only thing that I’m not including is the small rear outside antenna which my been for the rear passengers fm tuner idk? But the wiring was ram on the other passenger side and none of the vcr wires ran to it so it shouldn’t effect anything besides this is analog and tv waves are digital now for some 15 years now so that you’ll probably need update but I need to put screws with what parts and put the tv mount together as so for easier install and keeping screws together! Lol but I’ll write on paper how things were laid out and a drawing diagram but not super complicated but definitely a few hours of work to unscrew panels and loosen seats.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
This the box I forgot to pull out but should only be a few minutes extra to do!!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
After everything pulled out and put back together but the ceiling mounted screen left cutout too big for regular dome light to cover up lol but I’m having a hard time finding a new tan ceiling mount dvd player in stock!! Smh but I’m hopeful so one place said call back in a month maybe they’ll have something in stock so goes the hunt!! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_8775.jpeg
    IMG_8775.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 7